REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

CFR/PHW "Super Raffle"

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: CFR/PHW "Super Raffle"

Postby BradW » April 22nd, 2012, 9:48 pm

Com'on Folks! Let's make this one a biggie. At least buy some tickets, so it doesn't look like the raffle was fixed. Pete promised me I would win and he needs to make it have the appearance to be legit. :roll:
Brad
BradW

Postby Pete » May 7th, 2012, 1:25 am

FYI: 24 DAYS DAYS UNTIL THE DRAWING ;) . 38 tickets sold so far. Come on, 5 minutes to write a check and mail it. Shoot it would take that long to do PayPal.

1360 members here and only a few want a shot at this raffle package? Don't be left out by waiting too long.

Thanks,
Pete, Greg and Gary
Pete

Postby garypullings » May 7th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Pete

Let me see what is available after pay day. I just got back from a 15G vacation
garypullings

Postby Pete » May 16th, 2012, 12:11 am

15 Days left and that's it!!!!

I must say when Greg, Gary and I put this package together I assumed it would be a slam dunk for raising much needed funds for both PHW & CFR. As of today, there have been 51 ticket purchased or $255 for each charity.

5 minutes to write a check, address it and the cost of a stamp for a fly package package worth around $1,300. So you don't like Bamboo, we'll switch it out for a plastic rod, no worries. I have an 11' St.Croix switch rod just about finished. You win the package, I'll gladly swap it for the Bamboo, straight across.

Pete, Greg & Gary

Pete

Postby BrookfieldAngler » May 18th, 2012, 5:13 am

Hope you don't mind, but I am going to copy this post and get it posted a few other places - perhaps it will help generate some more ticket sales
BrookfieldAngler

Postby Fishfreak911 » May 21st, 2012, 8:02 pm

!!ANOUNCEMENT!!
A gentleman out of England offered to donate a new hand-made silk fly line to go with the rod. The deal just got sweeter! :bananadance: :bananadance: This is a very nice pot!
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby Pete » May 23rd, 2012, 4:16 am

Check out my blog for Stuart's web site and his custom made silk fly line and other goodies:

http://www.renaissanceflyrods.com/1/post/2012/05/addition-to-the-super-raffle.html
Pete

Postby Fishfreak911 » May 27th, 2012, 1:27 am

Hey folks, just a couple of days left to get in on the Super Raffle! :bananadance:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby Pete » May 29th, 2012, 1:51 am

Ok, its the 29th. Only 3 more days and then it is your loss. No crying because you didn't get a shot at the raffle package of a lifetime ;)

If you are going to be late with the mail, let me know otherwise the drawing will be as soon as I can get a witness to the random number generator. Either that or maybe at the next SSFFC meeting. Gotta git her done so the winner can be ready for the spring season :)

Pete, Gary & Greg
Pete

Postby RiverRat » May 29th, 2012, 8:32 am

sounds good
Pete wrote:Ok, its the 29th. Only 3 more days and then it is your loss. No crying because you didn't get a shot at the raffle package of a lifetime ;)

If you are going to be late with the mail, let me know otherwise the drawing will be as soon as I can get a witness to the random number generator. Either that or maybe at the next SSFFC meeting. Gotta git her done so the winner can be ready for the spring season :)

Pete, Gary & Greg

The SSFF"s NonProfit Paypal account was activated today and I just tested it buying tickets. It works!

Please buy a lot of tickets, Rally Cap, and make a note on your payment about the raffle.

Paypal address

SSFFClub@gmail.com

shane goslin
RiverRat

Postby Pete » June 6th, 2012, 3:12 pm

June 9th is fast approaching. Better go PayPal if you still want a shot at the package. Once it's over, it's over.

312 tickets sold as of this morning.

Greg, Gary & Pete
Pete

Postby Pete » June 8th, 2012, 5:43 pm

This is it.... LAST CALL. The ticket sales will end tomorrow (June 9th) night at midnight. PayPal is yor last hope (http://www.paypal.com / SSFFClub@gmail.com) And yes, still working nights so I will record the last sales then. You can still send in donations, but you will be out of luck for winning the raffle package. Did I mention, it is a fantastic package? :bananadance: Drat having morals, otherwise I would be saying what package? Honest it shipping weeks ago.

345 tickets so far. Hopefully an added rush from all you fence sitters ;)

Pete, Greg & Gary
Pete

Postby Pete » June 10th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Well, it's finally over. No more waiting to see who won the "Super Raffle" package. Gary and I drew the winning number tonight. And yes, Gary videoed it for posterity.

The winner is a gentleman named Bill from Tonawanda New York.

Gary and I talked to him tonight and he was, as he put it "Beside himself". He has been looking at Greg, Gary and my web sites since he bought the tickets.

A bit about Bill: Here is what he told Greg " He is a former army/ Vietnam vet, is a Project Healing Waters volunteer, and used to work in the VA PTSD division as a counselor.

He told Gary and I that he learned to fly fish about three years ago through Project Healing Waters. HOW COOL IS THAT????? He lives in up state New York and fishes small streams.

Thank you to everybody who participated in the raffle. And a special thanks to Greg and Gary for donating their time and beautiful functional art to this raffle.

Oh, by the way SoCal "Project Healing Waters" and "Casting For Recovery" will each be getting a check for $1780.

Again thank you to everybody,
Pete, Gary & Greg
Pete

Postby Artin » June 11th, 2012, 6:25 am

That's awesome, the package is going to a very deserving new home! He will be very happy with it!
You guys are awesome for doing stuff like this!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby fflutterffly » June 11th, 2012, 6:31 am

BILLLLLLLLL RAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Congrads. You will be luckier than ever before now that your mixing the magic that is in each of these beauties. What a wonderful win. You do know this means many pictures with this stuff in action.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Return to General Fly Fishing