REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hmmmm...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Hmmmm...

Postby bmachale » March 18th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Or a trip to the kelp beds, halibut on the flats, or night fishing for white sea bass. Or pretty much anywhere on the socal coast. I live in Vista. And fish out of San Diego, Oceanside or Dana Point.
bmachale

Postby Wildman » March 18th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Funny....one of our members was a hard core off shore fisherman with the boat that had legs to go to Cabo who chased the big stuff. I met him on here and we fished the locals many years ago for wild fish that were no more then inches at best. He sold the boat and now we still fish for little wild fish (and the occasional large fish) and have a ball doing it.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby DrCreek » March 18th, 2017, 2:58 pm

bmachale wrote:To All,

Thank you very much for the replies...I will keep it in mind...I mostly fish offshore. 15-50 miles.

Can we float tube that far off shore? :funnyup:
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby lucfish » March 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Thank you very much for the replies. I will keep it in mind. On my way to New Mexico in the morning.

I mostly fish offshore. 15-50 miles. Love the open ocean. Love chasing pelagics. The bigger the better. We put a 150 lb bluefin tuna on the boat last year, and 4 over 90, and a dink 75. LOL And a bunch of smaller yellowfin and dorado.

That does not mean I would not fish the bay. I am always ready to learn something new.

Anybody who would like to head offshore this year is welcome to join us.

And no info from the "secret room" will end up on bloodydecks or FNN.

Thank you to all.

Some people might take you up on that. :roll:
lucfish

Postby WanderingBlues » March 18th, 2017, 4:23 pm

Thank you very much for the replies. I will keep it in mind. On my way to New Mexico in the morning.

I mostly fish offshore. 15-50 miles. Love the open ocean. Love chasing pelagics. The bigger the better. We put a 150 lb bluefin tuna on the boat last year, and 4 over 90, and a dink 75. LOL And a bunch of smaller yellowfin and dorado.

That does not mean I would not fish the bay. I am always ready to learn something new.

Anybody who would like to head offshore this year is welcome to join us.

And no info from the "secret room" will end up on bloodydecks or FNN.

Thank you to all.

I DO miss my offshore and inshore days since moving away. I did manage a few with a buddy at San Clemente last trip, but that's long gone.

"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » March 18th, 2017, 5:32 pm

DrCreek wrote:

Thank you very much for the replies...I will keep it in mind...I mostly fish offshore. 15-50 miles.

Can we float tube that far off shore? :funnyup:

You could but I happen to know you have an aversion to fish longer then you are tall...... :P
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby bmachale » March 20th, 2017, 9:18 am

Yes, you can float tube out that far, but it may be called bobbing or a lure out there.
bmachale

Postby Wildman » March 20th, 2017, 7:30 pm

:funnyup:
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby lv2fish » May 4th, 2017, 10:25 am

If you are so inclined you could also call this fine gentlemen at the number below and express your gratitude regarding his exemplary stewardship of our fragile local waters :fireangry:

Mark Berlin
(858) 922-0237
lv2fish

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing