REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Western Visions Lanyards

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Western Visions Lanyards

Postby Pete » August 8th, 2012, 5:44 am

Best lanyards out there for fly fishers. They are made by a fly fisherman for fly fishers. If you aren't an equipment hound, who needs to take everything including the kitchen sink on the water, Gary's lanyards are the way to go. I have two that Gary made for me and they are prefect for holding everything I need on the water. It is very comfortable and I forget I have it on at times. Throw the lanyard on, stuff a couple of fly boxes in the shirt pockets and I am good to go. The only draw back, for me, is figuring out which one to wear.

They are completely functional and Gary will work with you on the color combos. He has also incorporated some extras that set them a part from the rest of the herd. Excellent neck padding for all day comfort. A clip at the bottom so you can attach it to your waders , belt, or shirt. The keeps it from flopping around. Plus it allows you to snap your net to the back of the lanyard. Not something you find on other lanyards. There are enough heavy duty snap swivels to hold what you need. A cool tippet holder that is easy on and off for loading it up. And last but not least it also has a reusable break away if you get yourself hung up. Check out the foam pads above the tippett holder. Ya, that's right they are there to hold your wet used flies.

Told you, designed by a fly fisherman for fly fishers ;) I know I am forgetting some other good stuff so check them out at: http://www.westernvisionslanyards.com/index.html

Take a look at the one he made for the CFR/PHW raffle package. He looked at the rod color scheme and matched the lanyard to it. Can you say custom?

Pete

Re: Western Visions Lanyards

Postby stanbery » August 8th, 2012, 11:45 am

Pete
Nice Review.
One thing
The only draw back, for me, is figuring out which one to wear.

I could say something about this but i will be nice. :funnyup:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: Western Visions Lanyards

Postby darrin terry » August 8th, 2012, 1:23 pm

stanbery wrote:Pete
Nice Review.
One thing
The only draw back, for me, is figuring out which one to wear.

I could say something about this but i will be nice. :funnyup:

Jon

Hmmmm…something about proper accessorizing? :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Return to Gear Review