REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Simms Wader Support - spoiler - it was good

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Simms Wader Support - spoiler - it was good

Postby Ants » June 15th, 2020, 2:36 pm

My freestone nylon waders were slightly leaking. Finding leaks in non-goretex waders takes more effort. After a day of wading, I had wet spots on both legs.

I contacted Simms customer service for their suggestions to find leaks. The response was to turn waders inside out and fill with water. The use of light in a dark room showed no leaks.

I opted to fill one leg at a time to knee height to find leaks. It turned out the water oozed out through seam tape on inside where sewn seam was outside.

Back to Simms for repair suggestions. The suggestion was to send in for their review without doing anything since any repairs would void warranty. But, covid conditions were in effect, and no customer returns a were being accepted. I could start the claim, but would have to wait to mail the waders in.

My preference is to fish from shore when possible, so not a big problem to wait.

Patience is a virtue!

Covid restrictions were eased. Old waders were sent in. Customer service deemed the problem a defect.

New waders were sent out.

:bananadance:

Thank you Simms!

Ants
Ants

Re: Simms Wader Support - spoiler - it was good

Postby Wildman » June 15th, 2020, 5:40 pm

They did the same for me after I had used the waders for five years. I will be replacing those soon with another set of Simms. Also use Simms boots. Great customer service.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: Simms Wader Support - spoiler - it was good

Postby Ants » June 16th, 2020, 7:52 am

I bought one pair of Low cost Simms waders about 10-12 years ago as my first waders. This was my second no cost replacement. Each time it resulted in a slight upgrade.

That certainly makes me a happy customer!

Ants
Ants

Return to Gear Review