REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

KEY-BAK Sidekick Retractor w/ Carabiner

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

KEY-BAK Sidekick Retractor w/ Carabiner

Postby FlyKastr » April 1st, 2016, 5:05 pm

I recently purchased some KEY-BAK Sidekick ID Badge and Key Reels from Nassco thru Amazon for $7.99 & no shipping. Here are the details: 24 Inch Kevlar Cord, Tough Polycarbonate Case, Zinc Alloy Metal Carabiner, 4 Ounce Retraction (6 Keys), Twist-free End *, Lifetime Service Policy, and Made in the USA (Ontario, CA).

http://keybak.com/products/sidekick-id- ... -retractor

IMO, this is a quality product at a fair the price. It’s a bit thicker than most retractors, but I like the carabiner and the cord retractor strength. My current retractor struggles to pull in a pair of Orvis Power Jaw Forceps; the Sidekick easily retracts it. As such, this retractor is overkill for a small nipper and I wouldn’t let go of anything at full length. Kevlar is a tough material, so the cord should hold up well. I chose to remove the split ring and cut off the vinyl ID badge strip to attach items with small diameter Paracord.

I thought to pass this item along for those that use retractors/zingers and might prefer something stronger and sturdier to hold your gear. Lastly, Nassco demonstrated excellent customer service by replacing one retractor that needed an occasional extra tug to fully retract. I contacted Nassco via Amazon and they immediately sent a free replacement without requiring an exchange; no hassle at all.
FlyKastr
FlyKastr

Re: KEY-BAK Sidekick Retractor w/ Carabiner

Postby Wildman » April 1st, 2016, 5:45 pm

I like it. I am down sizing and will get a couple for my mini shoulder pack. Thanks for the tip.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Return to Gear Review