REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Postby Djsmith1996 » September 29th, 2018, 11:14 am

Hi everyone, my name is Derek and I’m new to the forum as well as fly fishing. I was introduced to it by my brother who picked it up a few years ago in Arizona. I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana and moved to California about 5 yrs ago. I’ve lived in LA (unfortunately) for a year now. I’ve been fishing since i was 5 yrs old and comfortable with a spinning reel for largemouth bass, speckled trout, and redfish in southeast Louisiana. With that said, fly fishing is a completely different challenge. I was blessed to be able to fish the San Juan with my brother and have some success on my first fly fishing experience. I fished the sierras with my brother in late June and went up to the Upper Kern (extremely challenging) just last week. My cast is coming together finally. I recently took a casting class through bass pro shops but there is still a lot to learn. Look forward to learning more here from more experienced fisherman.

I want to thank Jon for getting me access to the forum after some initial issues.
Djsmith1996

Re: New member

Postby Dry Fly Rie » September 29th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Welcome aboard, Derek. Stick with it, and you'll gain more and more confidence with your casting and catching.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby stanbery » October 1st, 2018, 1:39 am

Derek

Glad you are in the forum. Feel free to ask any question and we will gladly help

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Gary C. » October 1st, 2018, 2:07 am

Welcome :)
Gary C.

Return to Welcome to FFA!