REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

FNG From SoCal

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

FNG From SoCal

Postby DarkShadow » February 4th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Hi!

I posted my first reportearlier today, albeit a bit late, but just wanted to officially introduce myself to the board.

I'm a 38 year old, from SoCal, born and raised. I grew up conventionally fishing, until I was introduced to fly fishing about 3 years ago, and have been hooked ever since.

I hope to be able to post my local adventures, which have been plenty in the past 2 years or so, and also post reports on my adventures out to the eastern sierras and elsewhere. I hope to expand my local knowledge, and move away from the SBNF to tackle some other watersheds around us, hoping that they still have water and fish of course.

Thanks in advance.
DarkShadow

Re: FNG From SoCal

Postby WanderingBlues » February 4th, 2016, 5:40 pm

After reading your Yellowstone report, I'd say you found a home. Grab a beer and pull up a spot next to the fire. BTW, Darkshadow sounds real familiar. Were you on conventional boards? I ask because I took a similar path to enlightenment....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby DarkShadow » February 5th, 2016, 10:43 am

WanderingBlues wrote:Were you on conventional boards? I ask because I took a similar path to enlightenment....

WanderingBlues,

Yeah, I fish conventionally as well, but found I had hit a plateau of sorts. One fateful trip to the Eastern Sierras changed all that.

I still fish conventionally, from time to time. Although my conventional gear has been seemingly collecting more dust as of late. You should see the faces of my buddies as I drag my 5 weight into their bass boats.
DarkShadow

Postby lucfish » February 5th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Welcome to the site. Good people out here, all makes and models, all talking flyfishing.
lucfish

Postby stanbery » February 9th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Welcome aboard.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby teejay » February 13th, 2016, 8:59 pm

Belated welcome!
teejay