REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Event

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Event

Postby Wildman » August 8th, 2017, 4:44 pm

We are pleased to announce the 1st annual California Fly Fishing Open to be held on September 23, 2017 in Kernville, CA. All fly fishing organizations, from clubs to manufacturers, are welcome to participate.

Visit californiaflyfishingopen.com for more details or contact Chiaki at haramic@aol.com.

I would encourage everyone to think about putting a team together. The river ought to be just about right and the Southern Sierra Fly Fishers really put on a nice event.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Event

Postby DubL HauL » September 8th, 2017, 10:56 am

who's going?
DubL HauL

Re: Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Event

Postby Packer » September 14th, 2017, 1:27 pm

I'm going Andy. I will be donating one of my treasures. It's an almost new, used one weekend on the HC ranch, Sage
TXL 3710-3. I think it's the same model Papasequioa was using before I slammed my truck door on it :doh:
I challenge all fly fisher people to match my donation to this great cause. Help support our love for the outdoors, fishing, conservation, casting for cure, project healing waters, and the kids who will be filling your shoes in the future.
Thanks, Tim:)/'~~--<*}))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Re: Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Event - The Music

Postby Bernard » September 18th, 2017, 7:17 am

This is going to be a blast!
FYI: The fly fishing community has been very supportive of some of the music I have been involved with and one of my current projects "Par Avion" will be part of the entertainment mix along with Guy Jeans' band. Here's a link to our demo video: http://bit.ly/surfthesky.
- Bernard
EDIT: I fished the Kern about two weeks ago and it was excellent.
Bernard

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information