REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Chalk one up for the good guys!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Postby Hammer » January 14th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Yesterday I was on a Colorado forum when I came across this thread title in the fly fishing section. "Sad, but a great deal". It had a link to CraigsList.
Clicked on the link and it was titled: "Ex Husband gone fishing for good, left his gear".
"$300 takes all".
I looked at the pics and it was a pair of waders, 3 fly reels with sharkskin line, 2 chest packs, 4 fly boxes full of flys and a large gear bag. Great deal but the funny thing was it was all Wright & McGill product. I thought who is 100% one brand unless they work with us or have a connection?
I recognized one of the fly boxes and asked the guy who designed and manages our Essentials product line to come look at the pictures. He flipped out when he saw that they were his fly boxes! He had his SUV broken into last spring and all of his gear and camera equipment was stolen. We did a search on the internet by phone number and got the address.
Tempted to go pay them a visit, we opted to call the police.
When the police got there, a guy was just there to buy the stuff but he was short $100. They had raised the price when they were getting tons of phone calls. He left to go get the extra money and the came back to the cops being there. We got the gear back although no arrests were made. Supposedly the "Ex" took off and address is unknown. Cops said with a little investigating they usually find more goods and make arrests. Doesn't pay to be a greedy thief..
Hammer

Re: Chalk one up for the good guys!

Postby Danny McB » January 14th, 2009, 5:36 pm

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! way to go. !!!
Danny McB

Postby fflutterffly » January 14th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Hammer, makes my heart sing. You see good thing do happen to good people.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby Papasequoia » January 14th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Love to hear stories like that one!!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby flybob » January 14th, 2009, 8:15 pm

SAWEEET!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Eric » January 14th, 2009, 8:30 pm

That is just too cool :!:
Eric
Eric

Postby darrin terry » January 14th, 2009, 9:17 pm

I can barely believe that, I do but it seems so rare for someone to get stolen gear back. Congrats to your buddy and I hope he buys you a beer for looking out. :D :D :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Return to General Fly Fishing