REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Less than stellar news for the locals...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Less than stellar news for the locals...

Postby planettrout » June 14th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Re: Less than stellar news for the locals...

Postby WanderingBlues » June 15th, 2013, 5:03 am

I had read that article in the LA Times yesterday and thought, "Man, if I can hold on long enough to move...."
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Rob909 » June 15th, 2013, 7:40 am

Wow......more great news for SoCal !!!!

Rob
Rob909

Postby Sasha » June 15th, 2013, 8:21 am

Another global warming bullcrap article...

They will probably want to raise your taxes to "offset" your emissions and pass some more laws restricting vehicle emissions etc. Here is an idea, if everybody is so concerned about their "global warming" oops climate change. Don't drive a car, stop purchasing crap, get off the grid or STFU... Or they could always drastically reduce the population there... That would help things out :bananadance:
Sasha

Postby Flatsix » June 17th, 2013, 8:41 am

I've looked at various studies on historical annual snowfall for local mountains and it appears to me that we tend to go through long periods of drought followed by periods of heavy snowfall. The 70's were extremely dry, the 80's were on average, the early 90's were heavy and the last 10 years were mixed.

Like Sasha indicated....as much as those with some $kin in the game would like you to believe it's the end of the world, climate change is normal, it's always changing.
Flatsix

Postby Sasha » June 17th, 2013, 10:53 am

Flatsix wrote:I've looked at various studies on historical annual snowfall for local mountains and it appears to me that we tend to go through long periods of drought followed by periods of heavy snowfall. The 70's were extremely dry, the 80's were on average, the early 90's were heavy and the last 10 years were mixed.

Like Sasha indicated....as much as those with some $kin in the game would like you to believe it's the end of the world, climate change is normal, it's always changing.

Exactly!!!

Like I wrote in another thread: things happen in cycles ;)
Sasha

Postby Jimbo Roberts » June 18th, 2013, 8:09 am

I believe everything goes in cycles myself, but there are examples of places where the climates changed drastically. Take North Africa, where the Sahara Desert is used to be mostly jungle 5000 years ago. This was likely brought on by man burning the trees for fuel faster than they could grow back, therefore expanding the desert.
I believe that small increases in CO2 buildup has less to do with fluctuations in regional temperatures. I believe the changes in local weather are more to do with the sun's own cycles, vulcanism around the world, and to a lesser degree over the very long term, slight changes in the wobble in the earth's axis, the slight changes in the shape of earth's orbit about the sun, and continental drift changing oceanatic currents. When all the continents where together last time in one mass there was a desert about the size of all of Africa in the middle of the land mass. Anyway I believe we are seeing short term cycles that may get worse but eventually will reverse.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Return to General Fly Fishing