REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Shout Out to Simms!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Shout Out to Simms!

Postby Jason » May 29th, 2013, 12:00 pm

I sent my waders in last week for a leak that I couldn't find, it was in the butt area, possibly at a seam. The waders are about 3 years old and have seen moderate use. They weren't thrashed by any means, but if they had told me that they couldn't be repaired and I needed to buy new ones I would have been okay with that.

Here's what they said in the reply email:

Thank you for using the Simms Online Repair Center. Our Repair Technicians have determined that the product that you returned for evaluation is not repairable. This item will be replaced under warranty.

It's very cool of them to replace them 'no questions asked', especially since I wasn't trying to get the waders replaced under warranty, I just wanted the leak fixed.

I just thought I'd relay my experience with Simms, it seems like the least I could do.
Jason

Re: Shout Out to Simms!

Postby BrookfieldAngler » May 29th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Very cool! Did you have a back up pair while you were waiting for the Simms to get returned?
BrookfieldAngler

Postby Jason » May 30th, 2013, 11:32 am

BrookfieldAngler wrote:Very cool! Did you have a back up pair while you were waiting for the Simms to get returned?

No....... I'm just roughing it and wet wading.
Jason

Postby RichardCullip » May 30th, 2013, 11:37 am

Sweet! I love to hear great customer service stories. Thanks for sharing your experience and kudos to Simms.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby WanderingBlues » May 30th, 2013, 11:38 am

Very nice! Good product, good company.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » May 30th, 2013, 1:21 pm

I shared earlier my positive experience with Simms. I sent in a pair of Blackwater waders that were four years old and leaked like a sieve. The repairs I tried were pretty comical. I use waders hard...cuz I'm pretty clumsy and end up sitting or falling a lot.

They wrote back that they were giving me $150 credit and with another $100, I could get a pair of Headwaters, a breathable wader. Those had a defect in the seams and were destined to leak no matter what I did. I didn't have that right then so I said I would save it up and get back to them.

A month later a package arrived from Simms with a brand new pair of Headwaters waders. The invoice said paid in full. I was floored and wrote the president a nice note.

I will continue to buy from Simms. You can't beat their ethics and customer service.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby fflutterffly » May 30th, 2013, 5:15 pm

That company is one class act. That's why I purchase Simms when ever possible
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby Devinpreston » May 30th, 2013, 5:22 pm

I have had nothing but good experiences with them also!
Devinpreston

Postby Autodave » May 30th, 2013, 6:59 pm

I am proud to own a pair. We need more companies like them.
Autodave

Postby teejay » May 31st, 2013, 10:25 am

That’s good to hear Jason. I’ve been happy with my Headwater boots.
teejay

Postby charlie » June 1st, 2013, 5:53 am

My first pair of Simms- after using numerous other cheapos and pretenders to the throne-lasted about 500 fishing days. The seam tape came off the feet and they look like they belong in a petri dish, but they still only have a few pinholes I can't find, so they're now loaners or back-up. My much less used G4's have 200 days and leak where the booty meets the leg. Problematic to self- repair, so I have to send them in. Thanks for this post- it's a push in the right direction! Far as I'm concerned, they're an excellent product. That the repair process is relatively painless is something to truly shout from the treetops.
charlie

Postby Rob909 » June 1st, 2013, 10:11 am

I had a similar experience with some old boots. They fell apart so I sent them in and was told that those boots had been discontinued so they gave me a new pair of boots in an upgraded model. Class act in my opinion :)

Rob
Rob909

Return to General Fly Fishing