REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Reminder: Time for a new license!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Reminder: Time for a new license!

Postby Papasequoia » January 8th, 2009, 11:14 am

I almost forgot. Remembered on the drive up. Stopped at one fly shop that was out. They directed me to Kmart. Instead I went to another fly shop which had a sign on the door saying "back at 11." So, walked down the street to a sporting goods store and got one. Stuck it in my wallet, forgot about it and went to the river and fished all day, proudly displaying my 2008 license. :mrgreen: Doh! At least I had it with me. Of course, as we know from Dave's experience last year on the Kings, that doesn't always work out either. Don't let this happen to you, ladies and gentlemen! Get your license today if you haven't already AND put it into whatever you use to display it. Just a friendly public service announcement from your local absent-minded professor. :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Re: Reminder: Time for a new license!

Postby Sasha » January 8th, 2009, 11:20 am

Man I picked up the couple I wanted to get right away a few weeks ago. Can you still pick them up early in CA???
Sasha

Postby darrin terry » January 8th, 2009, 11:45 am

Yes Sasha, you can. I got mine about a week before Chirstmas.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Sasha » January 8th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Darrin Terry wrote:Yes Sasha, you can. I got mine about a week before Chirstmas.

I remember getting mine (when I lived out there) as a "stocking stuffer" for Christmas.
Sasha

Postby midger » January 8th, 2009, 8:15 pm

LICENSE!! I don't need no stinkin' LICENSE. I only fish with bait. ;) :lol: :lol:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby rayfound » January 8th, 2009, 8:19 pm

Don't get me started on the display requirement. This is the only place I know of with that law. Bugs me that I am assumed guilty unless I display my innocence.

And $40+ for a license that doesn't allow me to fish in the ocean? (I think the saltwater stamp is a hefty $10 this year)

But Yeah, I got my Lic. for Christmas 8-)
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Rob909 » January 8th, 2009, 8:39 pm

I just got mine today :D .

What's with the new bigger size :?:

Now I wouldn't be surprised to see new bigger size license holders on display soon :lol: .

Rob
Rob909

Postby rayfound » January 8th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Rob909 wrote:I just got mine today :D .

Now I wouldn't be surprised to see new bigger size license holders on display soon :lol: .

Rob

Its an economic stimulus program.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby darrin terry » January 8th, 2009, 8:51 pm

more for your money.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » January 9th, 2009, 2:34 am

Must you remind me........ I'll happily buy a new one before I hit the water next time...

It is a good reminder, I swear I'm only 25 but the years go by so quick now that I forget about things like this.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby Hammer » January 9th, 2009, 3:19 pm

We lucked out in Colorado this year. They are switching from a Jan-Dec calendar to a Apr-Mar calendar. They let us use the 2008 license until March 31, 2009 so we got 15 months out of it.
And....... we don't have to display it while we are fishing. And...there is big fish. And...lots of water. And...Wyoming is right above us. And...we've got Joel...
There's plenty of room out here for y'all. :P
Hammer

Postby buggravy » January 18th, 2009, 8:21 pm

Rob909 wrote:I just got mine today :D .

Rob

I just got mine today, and asked about an appropriate sized holder, which was not to be had. The sales person said they no longer have to be displayed. Can anyone corroborate this?
buggravy

Postby midger » January 18th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Matt,
According to the dfg site, they are wrong about wearing it so it shows. I took this directly from the Frequently asked questions:

Q: Do I have to wear my fishing license?
A: Yes. Every person, while engaged in taking any fish, amphibian or reptile, shall display their valid sport fishing license by attaching it to their outer clothing at or above the waistline so that it is plainly visible, except when diving as provided in Section 7145 of the Fish and Game Code (Section 700, Title 14, of the California Code of Regulations (CCR).
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Return to General Fly Fishing