REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Spending 1-1-09

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Spending 1-1-09

Postby fflutterffly » January 1st, 2009, 1:22 pm

It's hard to imagine all the ways one can spend the first day of the new years. For me it was a no Brainer. As luck would have it I received a call from Jim Thomsom (LBCC) mentioning that a few members of that club would be meeting on a part of a concrete river not far from my house. Since Karen had never captured a Carp before, why not on NYD. Off we went and around 8:15AM found John, Jim, Mark, Benny and Eric all casting away. We hung out on the walk way for a bit, watching as John hooked up on his first Carp. Moments later a second visited his fly. The new year was moving in the right direction. I gave Karen a fly, Doug of Atwater, had given me yesterday, rigged her up, a few cast later her first carp. No photo however, since I neglected to make the "home coming" to hand. As we were ready to leave, Mark pulled his first LARiverCArpONTheFly! I did get a photo of that and just might post it.
What could be more inspiring than to spend the day with such fine fellows, casting flies, and bringing home the Gold.

HAPPY NEW YEARS AND MANY WONDERFUL CAST
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: Spending 1-1-09

Postby Eric » January 1st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Ariel it was nice seeing you and karen once again. What a great way to start the year fishing with friends. Mark,Jon,Benny and Jim thanks sharing such a great morning with me.
Eric
Eric

Postby darrin terry » January 1st, 2009, 7:56 pm

Nice Ariel. Congrats to Karen. Glad to hear you found your way to water this day. So did I. Grand way to welcome the New Year!
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Barrie Mann » January 1st, 2009, 8:01 pm

Ariel,
Good to see you and Karen got out, spent time with friends and caught fish to boot. A good way to spend the Ist day of the year. For me it was clearing broken tree limbs from recent snow storms and then watching Penn State get trounced by USC. :( :( :( :( Now I remember why I rarely watch football games on TV.
Happy New Year to all my fellow addicts.
Barrie
Barrie Mann

Postby RichardCullip » January 1st, 2009, 8:21 pm

What a sweet way to spend New Years Day. My first day on the water in '09 will be Friday. Didn't quite make it out on the 1st so the 2nd will have to do.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Return to General Fly Fishing