REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2013 Toy wish list?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

2013 Toy wish list?

Postby Pete » January 25th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Sitting here thinking about the fly fishing toys I want this year. I know I don't need them and some are costly, but I still want them. Have my list what's on yours?

Custom Sierra-net from Greg. FYI Greg, check will be in the mail after next payday. ;)

Sage "One" 11'6" 7wt. switch rod blank. Looks like that one may be a done deal. Using the good old fashion barter system. Sage blank for a Bamboo blank. Blank is about half planned. This baby will be for Saltwater and Steelhead. Yes the Steelhead bug has set in baaaaaad.

Abel Switch reel, non-ported in deep blue (maybe). If I am going to have a Sage, I'm going to have a reel worthy of the Sage and big fish. Whatever color, its gotta match the wraps I'm going to use on the Sage.

Ballan Midge reel in black and silver. For my light weight Bamboo rods. Hopefully at the end of next month. He's running a sale until the end of next month.

Once I get those goodies, I should be good to go until I convince myself I neeeeed something else. Geez, I'm pitiful :doh:
Pete
Pete

Re: 2013 Toy wish list?

Postby stanbery » January 25th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Wait on secound here I had to read this twice
Sage "One" 11'6" 7wt. switch rod blank.

Say it is not so Pete!!! A PLASTIC rod for you! :omg: The world is comeing to a end.
Correct me If I am wrong but did you or did you not build a spey blank for someone?

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby briansII » January 26th, 2013, 1:01 am

stanbery wrote:Wait on secound here I had to read this twice

Say it is not so Pete!!! A PLASTIC rod for you! :omg: The world is comeing to a end.
Correct me If I am wrong but did you or did you not build a spey blank for someone?

Jon

I had the exact same thought. The Mayans predicted Pete would buy a plastic rod. They just didn't realize it would take him an extra month to understand plastic is superior to grass. :booty:

No one can question the man's taste in reels. Both of those are sweet! I found a good deal on the Abel, but the spool was ported. :cry:

Personally, I'm not buying anything this year. Nope. Not gonna happen.

briansII
briansII

Postby stanbery » January 26th, 2013, 1:54 am

briansII wrote:Personally, I'm not buying anything this year. Nope. Not gonna happen.

briansII

:LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: ;poke: ;poke:

Brian

Good luck with that.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby WanderingBlues » January 26th, 2013, 6:23 am

I wouldn't say no to a cabin in Colorado near a blue line.... :FIRE:
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby midger » January 26th, 2013, 8:32 am

I don't NEED anything in particular, but I sure like Greg's nets--it's just hard to justify when I already have 5-6nets laying around. Of course I could say the same thing about flyrods, eh?

I would like a Sage ESN 10' 3 weight. Who knows, maybe a blank from Anglers Workshop will show up on my doorstep this spring. :bananadance:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby garypullings » January 26th, 2013, 9:20 am

stanbery wrote:Wait on secound here I had to read this twice

Jon

i checked the weather report this morning to see if there were pigs flying. i found this report this morning, out of piggystan. Image

garypullings

Postby lucfish » January 26th, 2013, 9:51 am

stanbery wrote:
briansII wrote:Personally, I'm not buying anything this year. Nope. Not gonna happen.

briansII

:LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: :LIAR: ;poke: ;poke:

Brian

Good luck with that.
Jon

LIAR

As for me I need a 10 weight XI III to throw the pole dancer and I wouldn't mind a 12 weight Scott for Tarpon. Of course one would have to match them with a couple of Tibors. :)
lucfish

Postby Pete » January 26th, 2013, 10:07 am

Alright you bunch of smart :booty: . Tupperware rods do fit a small nitch in fishing such as saltwater and spinning gear :FISHING:. There in no way I would ever subject the beauty of Bamboo to saltwater :) . And that is the main purpose of this particular build saltwater.

I do feel that my reel selections do off set my tupperware decision.

You're right Jon, what a memory!! I did build a guy on Ohio a Bamboo spey type blank, but he is a center-pin fisherman and that's how he built that rod out. It tallied out at over 11' and he had me build it like a noodle.

Pete
Pete

Postby teejay » January 26th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Oh you bourgeois addicts. I'll be content with my $20 S.A. rod on a two week all expense mule pack trip along Fish Creek in the Sierra :bananadance:
teejay

Postby BradW » January 26th, 2013, 2:08 pm

I'm thinking about a composite assembly of fine Tonkin grass from a master craftsman for the pursuit of creatures that prowel the depths of pocket water in the sierra's. Maybe I could talk the wife into a BD gift :roll: . That will keep me content this year. :bananadance:
Brad
BradW

Postby Sasha » January 27th, 2013, 11:23 am

In light of recent events and talk; my spare cash is all going to another interest of mine this year.
Sasha

Postby duckdog » January 28th, 2013, 7:19 am

What I need is to fish more. East side and off the beach. More trips to Crowley to midge in May , June and July . And more in Aug.and Sept. when the perch fry start doing that voo-doo they do. MORE FISH-I NEED MORE!
But you know-- I could use another 6 wt. for throwing streamers. Yeah that's the ticket--maybe an H2 for throwing streamers. The seed has been planted and I can feel it beginning to sprout.
duckdog

Postby Gila Trout » January 28th, 2013, 3:33 pm

I would love to get a Sage ONE 10' 4 wt. blank for tubing and bobber fishing. I was also thinking of an ESN 3 or 4 wt. but I think the ONE would better choice for bobbers and multi fly rigs. I have a 99 5 wt. and really like it but dam the 10' ONE 4 wt. is sweet.

Lanny
Gila Trout

Postby RichardCullip » January 28th, 2013, 7:00 pm

I'm hoping to pick up a Sage TXL-F 00wt 7'10" 4 piece so I can slip that bad boy into my backpack as I hike around the High Sierra.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing