REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Seasons on the fly

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Seasons on the fly

Postby #1stunna » January 23rd, 2013, 1:18 am

Seasons on the Fly, any of you guys watch this show?? It's on NBC sports (formerly VS network), Mondays at 10AM. Anyways, I think it's a great show and gets me psyched to go fishing. It shows fly fishing from around some of the dream destinations across the US and globe...I highly recommend. I noticed they've made some new episodes or started a new season, which is rad (I think I saw every episode last season at least 3-4 times lol) :bananadance: :bananadance: . Since I can't get out to some of my favorite waters all that often, this is a great way for me to get my fishing fix (along with the FFA forum of course).

Cheers,
Ethan
#1stunna

Re: Seasons on the fly

Postby Wildman » January 23rd, 2013, 8:35 am

You're right....if folks have WFN network on their cable, there are a number of fly fishing shows as well. I also watch Conway Bowman on "Fly Fishing around the world".
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Jason » January 23rd, 2013, 9:38 am

There's also a show called 'Fish Whispering', on the same channel I think. I've only seen a few episodes, and while it's a little more 'spiritual' for lack of a better term, it's closer to the regular type of trips that I take and I enjoy it.

http://www.zacsexton.com/tag/fish-whispering-2/
Jason

Postby WanderingBlues » January 23rd, 2013, 12:23 pm

Season's is one of my favorite. I also enjoyed Fly Rod Chronicles when they had it.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Flatsix » January 23rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

There's another to add to the mix.

"The New Fly Fisher"

It's a Canadian show on KVCR.

I've only found one episode so far. The guys are fishing the Nottawasaga in So Ontario for Steelhead.
Flatsix

Postby flocktothewall » January 23rd, 2013, 2:27 pm

I think I am alone in the world, but Seasons (all though I do watch it) kinda drives me nuts... I guess Greg gets a bit 'too poetic' for my tastes ;)

Its one of those shows that usually takes me about 2 days to finish. Maybe because in my fast paced life, with 2 babies, slow TV shows don't get priority.

I did like the Cast for a Cure episode...
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Postby flocktothewall » January 23rd, 2013, 2:28 pm

Flatsix wrote:There's another to add to the mix.

"The New Fly Fisher"

It's a Canadian show on KVCR.

I've only found one episode so far. The guys are fishing the Nottawasaga in So Ontario for Steelhead.

I just saw that on Sunday and was super jazzed to see fishing... wife rolled her eyes, but I haven't finished it either.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Postby briansII » January 23rd, 2013, 3:14 pm

I must be getting crotchety in my old age, but some of the fly shows I can't watch. Just the other day I saw the host and guide fishing for spawned out Atlantics. Fish looked in terrible shape. Shallow, clear water, and easy fishing looked fun, but I just couldn't get over how bad the fish looked. Same show, different episode, I watch them catching Atlantics again, and this time the guide was lifting the big salmon out of the net by the tail. FWIW, this practice has been known to cause spinal cord separation. How often do you see the host go through a hard fought battle with a trophy sized fish. They net it, and hold it up for the audience to admire. Then the host goes on to explain how he caught it....blah, blah......blah. At the end, he says, "well, lets get this fish back in the water". No S#@*! :doh: One show has the host, seemingly fishing the same private ranch, every other show. :roll: Then there's the new, "edgy" shows. Where clothing accessories are as important as flies, and lines. I do like most of Conway's shows though. :) Even though it wasn't always fly fishing, IMHO, Spanish Fly was a great show. Same for Walkers Cay Chronicles.

.....yeah, it's official. I've hit curmudgeon status. :bananadance:

briansII
briansII

Postby RiverRat » January 23rd, 2013, 6:01 pm

flocktothewall wrote:I think I am alone in the world, but Seasons (all though I do watch it) kinda drives me nuts... I guess Greg gets a bit 'too poetic' for my tastes ;)

Its one of those shows that usually takes me about 2 days to finish. Maybe because in my fast paced life, with 2 babies, slow TV shows don't get priority.

I did like the Cast for a Cure episode...

Add me to the list.

Some episodes are a neverending infomercial too.

The only honest no agenda fly fishing shows are on PBS and air local up in the PNW states.

shane
RiverRat

Postby fly addict » January 23rd, 2013, 6:44 pm

I think I’ll just stick to watching reruns of the” Mister Ed Show”!
:funnyup:
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Return to General Fly Fishing