REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Water bottle question

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Water bottle question

Postby Sasha » December 25th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Ok my wife did try but she did not get me the water bottle I had asked for (Seychelle Advanced). She got me an aquamira bottle with mira guard ( http://aquamira.com/emergency/aquamira- ... and-filter ). Has anybody used this type of bottle before? If so how good is it?
Sasha

Re: Water bottle question

Postby buggravy » December 25th, 2008, 1:06 pm

I own this bottle. It works fine, but you have to give it a pretty good squeeze to get the water through the filter. It doesn't really lend itself to drinking fast, so it's best not to work up too much of a thirst before drinking.
buggravy

Postby Sasha » December 25th, 2008, 1:15 pm

DrCreek wrote::lol:

Dammit.........Well I guess I will wait a couple of months and order the one I wanted then.
Sasha

Postby Sasha » December 25th, 2008, 7:04 pm

I have a better idea, I can take it on my next trip and "accidently lose" it during the hike ;)
Sasha

Postby midger » December 25th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Why not just take it back for a refund or trade it for the one you want if they carry that one also.

I have a Katadyne which has performed well for me, but know Doc swears by his Seychille. don't know anything about the model you received.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » December 25th, 2008, 9:08 pm

midger wrote:Why not just take it back for a refund or trade it for the one you want if they carry that one also.

I have a Katadyne which has performed well for me, but know Doc swears by his Seychille. don't know anything about the model you received.

You know I would however I killed the package when I opened it up to check it out. As far as I know that is the only one John has in his shop.
Sasha

Postby RiverRat » December 28th, 2008, 9:58 am

I own the Katadyne and its like trying to sip water from 1/32 mile long water hose that you have to prime like a weedeater during the winter that hasn't been started in three years. Not good in hot weather when your thirsty as a camel. In other words I don't like mine but I've never gotten sick even drinking out of the Kern in the summer months :lol:

With that being said my return dept mailing address is 5107 Colonial Bakersfield. This address accepts all unwanted fly fishing, camping and backpacking related merchandise which will then be sold on Ebay and reinvested in better stuff.

shane

PS
Are the Seychelle products easier to get a big drink from?
RiverRat

Postby Flyjunkie » December 28th, 2008, 10:10 am

I just carry a small flask of Apricot Brandy with me out on the River... No Freekin' Giardia in there I'll tell you.. :D :lol: :lol: 8-)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Rob909 » December 28th, 2008, 10:53 am

RiverRat wrote:PS
Are the Seychelle products easier to get a big drink from?

Based on your description of what it's like with the Katadyne.....I would say it is easier :D . But it is still not like gulping from a non filtered bottle. I've learned to live with the amount I can get from my Seychelle and not get frustrated. I take a couple quick "bursts" from a full bottle and move on. I try to keep it full or close to full as much as possible, because the lower it gets the less you get out and the more effort it takes.

And don't take this as I don't like my Seychelles....I do!!!

Just my $.02

Rob
Rob909

Postby Sasha » December 28th, 2008, 11:37 am

Ok here is an update (I sent this PM to Creek the other day and forgot to post it here). I am going to order the bottle I wanted to get in the first place :D
Sasha

Postby rayfound » December 28th, 2008, 11:46 am

Doc, you should do an article here detailing your research on the issue, I'm sure it would be interesting.

Also, having no experience with other brands, I'm fairly happy with my seychelle... though I've only used it a couple times.

I prefer to drink maybe 1/2 a bottle at a time, several times a day, and I have no problem getting that amount out of it in a reasonably short amount of time.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Sasha » December 28th, 2008, 11:57 am

rayfound wrote:Doc, you should do an article here detailing your research on the issue, I'm sure it would be interesting.

Also, having no experience with other brands, I'm fairly happy with my seychelle... though I've only used it a couple times.

I prefer to drink maybe 1/2 a bottle at a time, several times a day, and I have no problem getting that amount out of it in a reasonably short amount of time.

;)
Sasha

Return to General Fly Fishing