REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

What a year!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: What a year!

Postby midger » December 24th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Yes, it has been quite a year with lots of bad economic news, an election of a new president, some amusing "board" squabbles, and assorted other problems. Still, it is great to be around family during the holidays and to spend time dwelling on the "good" of the past year rather than the "bad".

I've enjoyed the posts on the forum and also the opportunity to meet a lot of kindred spirits that hang out here in cyber space. It's also nice to meet and fish with these same folks.

Hope you get to feeling better Craig. Have a happy holiday season and a blessed New Year.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby flybob » December 24th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Merry Christmas Craig!

Thank you for all your hard work and tolerance!

May all your wishes for the new year come true!

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Barrie Mann » December 24th, 2008, 5:34 pm

wildfly wrote:To everyone, from your site admin:

-

. Oh... I want to catch a 24" trout this year :D

Merry Christmas to all! Don't forget the true reason for this special holiday, and make sure to count your blessings :D

Craig

P.S. : If this is a weird read, it's because I'm medicated and a little loopy right now!

Craig, if you measure fish the way that Jon (Papa S) does, at least according to Richard, who's one of the straightest arrows I know, you probably can not only catch a 24 incher ( lot's of measurement combinations can do it) you probably can go as high as a 36 incher without any problem. :D :D :D :D
Happy Holidays to y'all. :) :)
Barrie Mann

Postby 1mocast » December 24th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Craig,
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and and your family. I would like to thank you Craig for setting up "Addictville" for us to get together. From all the members posts, I have seen some waters from all over; Hopefully I can fish some of these waters one day.

Get well soon and May the New Year bring all that you hope for.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby darrin terry » December 24th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Have a great Christmas Craig! Hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for setting up this board and putting up with all of us. I know it's been trying at times, but I do believe the place is shaping up pretty well for what it's worth.

Have a fantastic New Year as well! :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Eric » December 25th, 2008, 10:51 am

Craig, hope you have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for hosting such a great site and bring us all together.
Eric
Eric

Postby stanbery » December 26th, 2008, 12:44 am

Craig wrote:
That's all I can think of right now. Oh... I want to catch a 24" trout this year

I can help you out with that one.

Have a good Christmas.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Return to General Fly Fishing