REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

NEW YEAR GREETING

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

NEW YEAR GREETING

Postby fflutterffly » December 24th, 2008, 7:49 am

I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a successful coming year with great heath and joy. For me that will include more time on quality water, expanding my knowledge of the world and improving myself. The new year will bring an opportunity to meet more of you, maybe on new waters, maybe at the fly show in February. I plan to visit my friends In Kernville and Bishop more often in 2009 and to fish the waters beyond the Kings: Merced, Tule, Sacramento. Adventure might be considered. Fishing BC, CAN. or even Chili.

Fly fishing for me is more than the catching of fish. There is peace on the water, excitement and adventure. Explore, take a guide trip to new places, the new year offers you all this and more.

Best to the year to come.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: NEW YEAR GREETING

Postby rayfound » December 24th, 2008, 8:10 am

can it include posting pictures with your reports too? ;)
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby RichardCullip » December 24th, 2008, 8:37 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, Ariel. You've got some great goals already set for next year. Fishing new waters is always a fun challenge. May I suggest that you look southward towards San Diego Bay and even the Baja area. Lots of hard pulling fish swimming around in saltwater not too far away from you.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby fflutterffly » December 24th, 2008, 9:23 am

yes ray santa will be sure to teach me how to post photos more easily. I hate the process right now. Posting to a host site, than having to repost to the site of desire. Have a suggestion?

Ricahrd, one of my goals is 'MAXIO SHARK" with Conrad! Oh la la. and how about fishing with you more! nice goal.
fflutterffly

Postby Barrie Mann » December 24th, 2008, 9:49 am

Ariel,
My best to you and Karen for the coming year. We keep saying it and never do it, but in 2009 let's get together and fish some water.
Barrie
Barrie Mann

Postby fflutterffly » December 24th, 2008, 10:09 am

You are so right. This year. No exceptions. I promise
fflutterffly

Postby Benny » December 24th, 2008, 10:11 am

Have a great New Year Ariel :D
Benny

Postby rayfound » December 24th, 2008, 10:39 am

fflutterffly wrote:yes ray santa will be sure to teach me how to post photos more easily. I hate the process right now. Posting to a host site, than having to repost to the site of desire. Have a suggestion?

Ricahrd, one of my goals is 'MAXIO SHARK" with Conrad! Oh la la. and how about fishing with you more! nice goal.

Ariel, posting to photobucket is really fast if you use an image resizing tool so that you're not uploading the huge files direct from the camera. I like "VSO image resizer", but there are just as good and just as cheap. I like VSO because its literally about a 10 second process to resize about 10 photos to web-size with VSO. Just highlight the files and right click to the VSO menu.

Then, you can easily upload all of the photos from a given trip to photobucket in one quick swoop using the bulk uploader.

Then all you have to do is copy/paste the IMG tags to your post and Voila! you're done!

I'll bet once you get used to it, I bet 3 minutes completes the whole process for adding say 10 photos to an average post.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby 1mocast » December 24th, 2008, 11:10 am

Merry Christmas and may your New Year bring you to many "New Waters, New Opportunities, New Friendships..."
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby flybob » December 24th, 2008, 2:37 pm

And a "Happy Holidays" to you and Karen as well!

I hope Santa brings you what you want!

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby midger » December 24th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Happy New Year to all!
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Return to General Fly Fishing