REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

HOLIDAY FUNDRAISING AUCTION IS OVER!!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: HOLIDAY FUNDRAISING AUCTION

Postby Pete » December 11th, 2012, 5:50 am

You guys are flat out nuts if you don't jump all over Doug's offer. Bamboo rod building classes usually start out at around $1500. Not only do you get a rod, you get the opportunity to turn your own hardware.

Geez, this is a big time auction:
Bamboo building class
Pack Trip
Guided boat trip
Art
Gear: pack, fly boxes
Custom magnetic net holder
Custom wood fly boxes
Flies
Bamboo rod
Most clubs would kill to get these items in an auction. Does it get any better than that? BRAVO
Pete

HOLIDAY FUNDRAISING AUCTION-Holy Moly!

Postby Wildman » December 12th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Like Pete says, this is an incredible auction and what a bunch of great opportunities! Once again, Flyfishingaddicts prove that they will step up to the plate to both provide items but also bid on them. I can't wait to how this all plays out.

There are only Ends Tonight at 8 pm! more days left on this auction! It ends on the 16th of December.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby garypullings » December 13th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Hey Doug that is a awesome deal. I can't really go above 25 for your deal. But if my bid wins I say find a vet from phw and help them build a nice rod. I wish I could do more but I can't right now. At least I can do is start the donation for this particular raffle.
garypullings

Postby Rasputinj » December 14th, 2012, 11:46 am

I will start the bidding for the opportunity to build a rod with Doug at $400
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby RSetina » December 14th, 2012, 4:06 pm

If I'm not too late to offer something for the auction, I when to Rockler today and bought two inlay pens I can turn this weekend and have ready to ship by Monday. I only have a photo of what an inlay pen looks like. The ones I have are, trout inlay on a maple (white) background. Each one has a cost of $35 in parts so I'd like to have the bidding to start there. They are very nice and I've been told they have the heft of a Mont Blanc pen. Each uses a standard Parker refill so finding a replacement cartridge is very easy to find.

I'll post photos of the pens for auction tomorrow evening after I get a chance to turn them. The photo above gives you an idea of what the pens are like.

Remember, there are two so the two highest bids win a pen.

Current bid:
$35.... Tom Sakai
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby bassman » December 15th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Will the Sellers contact us for payment arrangements? Paypal is nice and fast or I can send checks. Just need to know where to send them. If I have time zones right I got some nice goodies to pay for.

Nick AKA Bassman
PO Box 106
Cheyenne OK 73628

tc_victory@hotmail.com
bassman

Postby midger » December 15th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Bassman (Nick). You are off by a day. :lol: According to Wanderingblues (Curtis) this is to go until Sunday night at 8:00 PM PST.

I don't know how others will take care of their items but for my flies and flybox, I'll contact the winners and get their addresses so I can ship items out Monday. They can either pay me with paypal or check or they can pay their funds directly to FFA through Paypal if they prefer. Either way I'll send the proceeds from my stuff to the FFA account through paypal at:

ffa@roadrunner.com
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby bassman » December 15th, 2012, 11:29 pm

AARRRGGGHHHHH...You dang Californeites even got your calendar screwed up. That's the problem with being retired. Don't never know what day it is. LOLO I went to the PO today and it was closed so I thought it was Sunday...or I thought the auction was over on Saturday...anyway, I was excited with what I won. I only wish I wasn't so far away or I'd be at that rod building class. Can't afford a trip there for that but someone better grab it and appreciate the deal they're getting. I've paid a lot more than that for my bamboo rods and would jump at the chance to make my own and wrap and handle it like I wanted.

See tomorrow...
bassman

Postby Wildman » December 15th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Bassman and Mike and all-Curtis will have the final instructions posted tomorrow with addresses for those paying with checks and our FFA Paypal address for those who like paypal. Less then 24 hours to grab that item you've always wanted.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing