REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

White River Report

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: White River Report

Postby fishden » December 27th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Kieth, I have fished the White at least once a year for the past 7 years (friends from so cal moved back to the Rogers area). Flights from Ontario to Dallas or Salt Lake then the commuter hop to NWA (North West Arkansas) . NWA is a smaller version of Ontario, easy in , easy out.Flight time with connections +/_ five hours. The non resident license is a bargain also.
fden
fishden

Postby KRoberts1 » December 28th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Fden,

Thanks for theinfo, BFL or FAT/SLC/NWA should be doable. Put it on my itinerary.

keith
KRoberts1

Postby RubiKinda » December 29th, 2008, 10:44 am

Chris, nice ! Is that water "0wt" capable?

Depends on how you feel of Sage's warranty department! I fished a creek with the guide and swore to secrecy on the name that you would love to use the 0 wt. on... until you see the hogs that are in there.

BTW, Sharkskin line in freezing temps is a no-go. Ice builds up pretty easily and makes for some tough casting.

And finally to make David proud, I threw a 5" articulated "triple- bunny" streamer in a rainbow pattern and hung a few on that before I couldn't feel my hands.

I think my next trip will be in June...anyone up for a long weekend? If anyone has kids that like to flyfish under the age of 16, and are really capable of accurate casts and playing large fish, the guide will take them to an insane youth area that will make you sick looking at some monster bows. We walked the creek and I saw a dozen fish that were 30"+.
RubiKinda

Postby JGray » December 29th, 2008, 7:22 pm

Hey Cris, Let me know when in June you were thinking of going. I was going to see my kids around then in Mississippi. Wouldn't mind stopping and spending a day on the water again. I might also just make it a long weekend trip. In June I could camp out and I've made that drive from Denver more than once in under 12 hours. Maybe even talk Aaron into dragging along his camper.
JGray

Postby coreyk » January 3rd, 2009, 11:49 pm

Excellent! Looks like it was cold cold cold, but that you got a few nice fish! Nice to see your success! The White is one of my list destinations.
coreyk

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing