REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

This is Sunny and Warm Southern California?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: This is Sunny and Warm Southern California?

Postby Gary C. » December 17th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Rockstar Fisherman wrote:
stanbery wrote:Mike

Very nice pics. Man I wish it would snow in Palmdale.

Jon

According to the internet it is snowing in Palmdale right now, or at least it was a half hour ago.

This is my house in Lancaster today.
Gary C.
Gary C.

Postby gabe » December 17th, 2008, 5:41 pm

i was enjoying it yesterday snowboarding and a bit of a 4x4 excursion after in the backcountry.

gabe

Postby stanbery » December 18th, 2008, 3:15 am

WE GOT SNOW will post pics later. 10 to 12 inches. VERY NICE!!!!!
I only lost 3 branches.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » December 18th, 2008, 5:41 am

Dam all you desert rats that got snow all day yesterday and even into this morning!!!! I watched the weather ALL DAY hoping the temperature in Bako would at least drop 3 degrees to 36 where we could at least get a snow/rain mix. I'm soooo jealous!

Enjoy the beauty while it lasts, I know you guys out there get snow more often than us Bako Boys but I think this time you all out did yourselves. AMAZING, to say the least.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby Papasequoia » December 18th, 2008, 9:05 am

All we got in Ridgecrest was a few flakes falling from time to time. Nothing stuck. Looks like the brunt of the storm passed just south of us. All I had to do was scrape the windshield of ice this morning that formed after a light rain last evening. On the other hand, I do have to drive to Landale (Palmcaster?) today for xmas shopping, so I guess I'll hold off leaving for another hour or so to make sure the roads are clear from all of the SoCal folks who don't know how to drive in snow. :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Flyjunkie » December 18th, 2008, 9:34 am

Yesterday in the West end of the San fernando Valley the high was only 41 degrees.... With an almost constant icy wind with Cloud Cover... It rained abit, but never alot.. i kept thinking that if it stayed that way into the night we'd have snow for the first time since 1989.. alas the winds stopped, the Skies cleared as the sun set... it got down to 32 and i had to break out the ice scrapper this morning before heading out....

Now it's Clear and Brisk... the Santa Suzanna Mountains have a good amount of Snow on them and I'm certain the San Gabriels are loaded....

Local creeks oughta be worth a visit in about 2 weeks' Time....

Gotta drive up to Hanford for Christmas next week... another storm is slated for Monday... hopefully we can get over the Grapevine ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Barrie Mann » December 18th, 2008, 10:33 am

It snowed Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday and I finally got out of my driveway late Wednesday. I live at 4,000 ft level in Wofford Heights, had no power for 18 hours and the internet access just came back up. This is Sunny California.....really I thought I was back in Erie PA. Now I'm told there's more on the way......think I'll head north to warmer climes. :D :D
Barrie Mann

Postby Eric » December 18th, 2008, 10:36 am

Barrie Mann wrote:It snowed Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday and I finally got out of my driveway late Wednesday. I live at 4,000 ft level in Wofford Heights, had no power for 18 hours and the internet access just came back up. This is Sunny California.....really I thought I was back in Erie PA. Now I'm told there's more on the way......think I'll head north to warmer climes. :D :D

Barrie how much snow did you end up getting?
Eric
Eric

Postby Barrie Mann » December 19th, 2008, 9:22 am

Eric wrote: Barrie how much snow did you end up getting?
Eric

Eric final tally was 22 inches. I haven't seen that much snow since ice fishing on Lake Erie. Naturally I wasn't ready for it either. Like I said I think I'll head north......at least I'll know what to expect. :D :D
Barrie Mann

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing