REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Owens Next Weekend

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Owens Next Weekend

Postby thtsarumr » December 14th, 2008, 9:15 pm

The wife cleared me hot for two days of fishing next weekend (Dec 20-21). I have a few places here is the south that I would like to explore but would REALLY like to get up to the Owens. Anyone interested in tagging along? Any suggestions, pointers etc? I need to go fishing. I just tied a bunch of midge and leech patterns that need to get mangled. Shoot me line if you want to join me.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Re: Owens Next Weekend

Postby stanbery » December 15th, 2008, 4:13 am

Blu

Get a hold of Zee. He is planning on going up next weekend.
He will be picking up one of his rods on Saturday and head up.

jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Eric » December 15th, 2008, 11:11 am

Blu that would make three
Eric
Eric

Postby thtsarumr » December 15th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Never fished with Zee before. This could turn out to be an interesting outing.
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby darrin terry » December 15th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Blu, fish with Zee and Eric? Interesting? Yes, and fun too. Good guys to hang out with and Zee could teach almost anyone a thing or two, I think. He's leaving soon, so I highly recommend you jump on any opportunity to fish with him you get. I am still hoping to hook up with him myself again as I only fished a little with him on the Kern.

Enjoy and I for one will be looking forward to a report. :)
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby stanbery » December 16th, 2008, 2:47 am

Eric wrote:Blu that would make three
Eric

You going as well?

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby mk4 » December 16th, 2008, 4:04 am

I'll probably be up there as well.

If so, I'll head up there on Friday. If you guys plan on camping, I'll get a campsite. Otherwise, I'm going to boondock it.
mk4

Postby Eric » December 16th, 2008, 8:11 am

Mike what campsite are you going to stay at?
Eric
Eric

Postby Wildman » December 16th, 2008, 9:14 am

thtsarumr wrote:The wife cleared me hot for two days of fishing next weekend (Dec 20-21).
Blu

Fishing with Zee is a cosmic fishing and learning experience. Someone once said that, "Fish eat Zee's spit"., and it's true. Fishing with Zee is like flying a perfect mission with an F-18 squadron of S#%&hot pilots or making a landing on a carrier. On top of that, he is a real genuine gentleman and caring individual. If you get the chance, take your clearance and definately take the shot.

jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby mk4 » December 17th, 2008, 1:11 am

Eric wrote:Mike what campsite are you going to stay at?
Eric

Probably PVR, but I can boondock anywhere.

We'll see though, I don't get paroled until two days from now.
mk4

Postby czech flyfisherman » December 17th, 2008, 1:28 am

Hey Blu, MK4,Eric and Jim

I hope so I will make it this weekend....I am so busy right now and I DON"T LIKE IT!!!!! But I leaving soon so I have to be ready. But I am 80% possitive I will go. It will be great and maybe the last fishing tip for me.

Jim....thanks for nice word's. You are gonna be a very good FF. I hope we will have chance to fish together before I leave.

Thanks Zee.
czech flyfisherman

Postby thtsarumr » December 17th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Okay, so as long as there are no last minute surprises, I should be at Eric's house by 0400 to start out trip to the Owens. I plan on bringing my 4 man tent, sleeping bag, cast iron skillet, cutting board, huge steaks, homemade chorizo, eggs, onions, coffee pot and coffee, cooking utensils and the essential fly fishing gear. If someone could bring a few potatoes for the chorizo in the morning I would appreciate it. You can't have chorizo and eggs with out the papas. I have a propane stove that I can bring but no propane bottles, if someone can cover this or if fires are permitted I'll leave mine home. Just let me know. So I think I have breakfast and steaks for dinner covered, if anyone else would like to bring stuff for side dishes cool, if not we can go caveman and just eat MEAT.

Blu
thtsarumr

Postby mk4 » December 18th, 2008, 1:36 am

This weekend will be in between two systems. The tail end of the one that's passing through and a smaller one to come. I doubt there will be any substantial moisture, but it will be fairly cold. Nights will probably see the teens, so plan accordingly.
mk4

Postby Eric » December 18th, 2008, 10:26 am

Mike what do you think, browns campground in town or prv? Blu I will talk to angie and see what I can bring to eat. I can bring my stove and the big tank. I'll see if I can get Jon's heater. I also will bring some fire wood
Eric
Eric

Postby czech flyfisherman » December 18th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I don't know guy's but I will be staing at the hotel room. Night will be cold and I have enought sleeping in the tent in this year :D . Warm shower and room.

See ya Saturday.

Zee.
czech flyfisherman

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing