REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Family Outing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Family Outing

Postby thtsarumr » December 12th, 2008, 9:10 pm

Taking the family up to bear lake for some fishing and playing in the snow. I might get lucky and catch a fish or two. I will post a report when we return. Have a safe weekend everyone.
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Re: Family Outing

Postby thtsarumr » December 13th, 2008, 7:28 pm

The plan was to get up to Big Bear around 10:00am fish till 2:00pm or so then head to the house. We were right on track when we pulled out of the McDonalds parking lot, full from chicken bisquits and O.J, at 8:00. Now I had checked the weather report last night and it wasn't supposed to turn ugly until later in the evening. Well, this is what we saw as we were entering the canyon.

A drive in the clouds.

It was cold when we got there, but just warm enough that the snow would melt the second it hit something.

The girls had a blast though.

The fly rods never left the trunk nor their tubes but we did run into a suspicious character up in the high country.

Even though we didn't wet a line we had a great day and we look forward to our next adventure.
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby midger » December 13th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Great pictures and wonderful outing even without the fishing. Looks like the girls really enjoyed themselves-I remember well when my two were that size and and totally into the snow and the excitement of being in the mountains.

Speaking of snow, you missed the larger storm, as it's snowing now and we should be getting more the next few days. I'll bet they'd love to come up and sled in it. I'll keep you posted as to when we get into the premo sledding stuff. :D

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » December 13th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Ahhh who cares about fishing it looks like you had a great day with the family, those are some great pics.

BTW: it has been snowing up here for most of the day too :)
Sasha

Postby Eric » December 13th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Blu, thanks for sharing your great day with the family... sure looks like fun!.
Eric
Eric

Postby flybob » December 14th, 2008, 11:25 am

Awesome Family Blu!

Spending quality time together, Priceless!

thanks for sharing,
bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby meb » December 14th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Great photos.

MB
meb

Postby Benny » December 15th, 2008, 9:49 am

Looks like good times up there.....
Benny

Return to General Fly Fishing