REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Pure Bliss

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Pure Bliss

Postby borntoflyfish » July 24th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Here about 6months ago we picked up a rescue dog from the local animal shelter. He's turned out to be quite the little guy. But he has one weakness Ice cream. At night he gets his little scoop of ice cream for his nightly treat.
But over the weekend we did some fishing and we found a small store in the middle of no where for his nightly treat a small kiddie cone with some vanilla Ice cream. When I viewed the picture it looked to me that he was having a moment of bliss. :bananadance:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's turned out he loves to go fishing also. He will go nuts when you catch a fish. You've got to watch him because he get in the river and if your not looking he might be swapped away.

Just a couple of pictures of a fish I got on the same trip but when I seen his nose I thought of a duck bill.

borntoflyfish

Re: Pure Bliss

Postby Dry Fly Rie » July 24th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Wow, nice fish. Cute dog, too.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby fish-on-bro » July 25th, 2012, 12:20 am

Quality fish caught and darn nice to have partner out there with you

Chuck....
Fish-on-bro, out....
fish-on-bro

Postby WanderingBlues » July 25th, 2012, 5:04 am

Nice! It brought back memories of my dad giving his 2 Boston Terriers their nightly taste of ice cream. But I dare say your pup is enjoying it on a whole other level.

Pretty looking troots as well.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Pete » July 25th, 2012, 7:48 am

What a look :bananadance: . That is one content dawg. Did you have the same look when you hooked those beauties?
Pete

Postby beachbum » July 25th, 2012, 10:13 am

Nice pup, and good picture of that mature brown. I bet in the fall that jaw gets pretty extreme.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby briansII » July 25th, 2012, 10:56 am

That's a good looking pup. Good on ya for going the rescue route. He's looking really happy about it! :)

I had friends who gave their dog a Snickers bar every evening. When I told them chocolate is a poison to dogs, they refused to believe me. Since the dog was like a son to them, I bet they researched it and stopped giving the dog chocolate.

briansII
briansII

Postby teejay » July 25th, 2012, 12:43 pm

I have that same expression on my face when I'm eating an ice cream cone. :rockon:
teejay

Postby 87TT » July 25th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Our lab,Shawna, loves ice cream. She shares mine usually. But she's a pig and takes big bites. Mono Cone in LeeVining has a dog scoop that they put in a paper bowl. Shawna scarfs hers then wants to share mine. :D
87TT

Postby darrin terry » July 25th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Try letting him clean a yogurt container. I've yet to see a dog not go crazy for yogurt. :D Just the friction of their tongue can pull the yogurt cup from your hand. :lol:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Return to General Fly Fishing