REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Top Notch place is Deneki outdoors!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Top Notch place is Deneki outdoors!!

Postby stanbery » July 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THIS PLACE!!!
http://www.deneki.com/

As some of you may know I will be going to Alaska at the end of Septmber and was looking for a guide.
Well I contacted Deneki to see how far down they would go in Alaska and that did not go all the way to Ketchican(Spelling) So I said thanks anyways.

Two weeks Later I get a email asking did I find a guide yet?
I sent a reply not yet still looking.
Reply Back:
Hi Jon,

Brad didn't offer up another option? I don't have a recommendation off the hip but let me poke around and see if I can come up with another name for you.

Hang in there Jon, there's some in in SE that would love to take you fishing. I'll be back in touch soon.

At your service,
Bryan

Then a couple days ago I got another email from Bryan.

Hi Jon,

Just wanted to drop you a quick note - haven't heard anything yet. Our local fly shop has a call into some folks down in SE but no word as of yet. He said he's hopeful to make contact early next week, so you'll certainly hear from me again. Hang in there and we'll figure it out.

At your service,
Bryan

They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Bryan Burke at Deneki is awesome.
To top it all off he was doing this to help a guy out that was NOT even going to book a trip through him.
Well I got a hold of hookupflyshop.com and I trip is booked.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: Top Notch place is Deneki outdoors!!

Postby Dry Fly Rie » July 19th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Glad to hear that there's some good people up there willing to help you out.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby beachbum » July 19th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Good news, Jon! Soon you will be chasing some serious fish. Tight lines and take lots of pictures :rockon:

ps..I broke the top cork of my wading staff that you replaced, while doing the breast stroke under water, on the Henry's Fork. It was one of those spring days. The next day I bought new felt wading boots, but that's another story :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby WanderingBlues » July 20th, 2012, 5:24 am

Clearly, they get it! That is one report I can't wait to savor. I'll be living vicariously through your adventures for sure.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Artin » July 20th, 2012, 7:00 am

Wow, talk about service. You know what I have noticed over the years, people that live outside the clutches of "big cities" tend to be more attentive and helpful towards others. Genuinely nice people in general. It's a culture that I love. Good people. If I were to go into that area I would definitely go with them.

Can't wait to see your report!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby FlyinFish » July 20th, 2012, 8:32 am

Fantastic. Always nice to see. They also have a great website with lots of tips, videos, and such, particularly on spey fishing.
FlyinFish

Postby NorcalBob » July 20th, 2012, 8:41 am

Deneki is a top notch outfit, with top notch lodges. You won't go wrong with them at any of their locations. The only downside is they are a bit pricey.
NorcalBob

Postby The Steady Foot » July 20th, 2012, 9:35 am

They obviously get that word of mouth through the fishing communities is powerful. Smart business.

Thats funny beachbum. I almost broke my 2wt doing the breast stroke underwater in the SF Kern...then I went and bought a new phone the next day!! My wife got me an Ipod and had "No swimming" inscribed on it.
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Postby stanbery » July 20th, 2012, 2:45 pm

beachbum wrote:ps..I broke the top cork of my wading staff that you replaced, while doing the breast stroke under water, on the Henry's Fork. It was one of those spring days. The next day I bought new felt wading boots, but that's another story :)

Not a problem to fix for you bill just give it to me the next time we fish together.
Another place that has to notch customer service is alaska fly fishing goods.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » July 20th, 2012, 3:15 pm

That is nice of them, and I'm glad to hear you're finally making some headway on your planning for that trip!
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby meb » July 20th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Deneki has a great reputation in the steelhead/salmon world. They also have one of the best websites with an incredible amount of information. They are out of my price range, but if I could afford them, I would.
meb

Return to General Fly Fishing