REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Afganistan Flychurch sunday

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Afganistan Flychurch sunday

Postby garypullings » July 4th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Recently there is a Marine who is in Afganistan who is was requesting some advice on fly fishing and tying. So a few of us decided to help him out and start to send him some things. If you might be interested in donating to help him here is the thread you can use that has his address on.

http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi- ... 41296707/0
garypullings

Re: Afganistan Flychurch sunday

Postby WanderingBlues » July 4th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Thanks for the info. This is good stuff. Happy 4th of July!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Re: Afganistan Flychurch sunday

Postby Wildman » July 4th, 2012, 8:55 pm

I'm sending a care package tomorrow. I'm sure glad I bought all those Mustad flies when they were $.99 for 500 on ebay. I filled a box with stuff and I still have more fly tying materials then I'll ever use. Dustin is a Staff Sergeant and has gotten the fly fishing bug really bad. Seems like are very nice guy and is teaching other guys in his outfit how to tie as well.

This is exactly how I met Blu Felix. I had sent him some care packages during his tour in Iraq.

Like Curtis said...good stuff on the 4th of July.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Return to General Fly Fishing