REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Opt-in update

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Opt-in update

Postby Papasequoia » December 9th, 2008, 9:40 am

JR_774 wrote:If not allowed into the "Opt-in" sections, I will continue to be a part of this forum and keep track of the FF world through familiar eyes.

Hey Bill, good to see you still around. You're not missing anything in the opt-in section. About the only thing that's been posted down there in the last month or two was people's favorite bikini sites. Hey wait a minute, you are missing something! :o

I was fishing the C&R section of the Owens a month or so ago and was remembering the time I met you and your dad there; do you remember that? It was only about three years ago, but it seems like forever. I was walking up and down the river asking everyone I saw fishing if they were "Bill." Finally I gave up and started fishing, but you guys asked someone if they were Jon and they answered 'no, but if you're Bill there was a guy looking for you who is over that way.' I was fishing that very spot (without as much luck) and recalling that time, back when so few of us knew each other.

Usually when people say something like 'it seemed like a simpler, more innocent time' they are talking about decades, but in this case it seems apt to say that about a period not so long ago. Things get and got complicated as you mention in your post. Hopefully like a family squabble stuff like that can be left in the past. Take care, Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby JR_774 » December 9th, 2008, 10:49 am

Glad to hear from you guys. Thanks for the replies.

Richard: I haven't hit it Trux since we went a couple winters ago. Haven't been able to fish much at all lately because of work and my kids baseball tournaments. We will have to get together soon.

Jon: That was a fun day.. You saved my hat flowing down the river! I thought you grabbed the hat to cover yourself but that was before I realized what club you were in and that you intended to wade in the buff!!!! :D I am definitely due for another Owens trip. I used to fish it regularly in the winter but have not been able to for a few years.

See ya
Bill Jr
JR_774

Postby Rob909 » December 9th, 2008, 11:29 am

Hey there Bill Jr.,

I'm glad you are giving it another go :)

How about that float we keep talking about :?:

Rob
Rob909

Postby Barrie Mann » December 9th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Welcome back Bill Jr. I'm glad to see you here.
Barrie Mann

Postby JR_774 » December 10th, 2008, 9:37 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am always up for fishing and trying waters near home. It's this flippin job that gets in the way. Hopefully I will be slowing down a bit in the coming months with a different position at work. Looking forward to fishing with old friends and meeting new.

Bill Jr
JR_774

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing