REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New fly fishing vehicle

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

New fly fishing vehicle

Postby Papasequoia » April 21st, 2012, 4:29 pm

In case any of you is in the market for a new SUV to use for fly fishing, this may interest you.

Lamborghini’s not-so-secret SUV leaks early as the Urus

The least-kept secret of the Beijing Motor Show spilled out today with the leak of these renderings showing Lamborghini's proposed new sport utility vehicle. Dubbed the Urus, the concept SUV would be Lamborghini's bid to cash in on the booming global market for high-end luxury SUVs -- if customers can accept the strange blend of supercar angles and racing tires on a high-riding hatchback.

While Lamborghini has flourished with new models under its ownership by Volkswagen, profits have remained elusive. With Porsche thriving thanks to its Cayenne SUV, other automakers now wonder just how big the market for people movers with some off-road capability might be; BMW keeps adding to its already full range of luxury SUVs, while Lamborghini stablemate Bentley's idea of the EXP 9F concept shows the dangers inherent in the concept. Lamborghini execs have said they have yet to win approval to build it -- but given demand for big vehicles in China and the Middle East, that seems like a formality ahead of a 2017 arrival.

Unlike Bentley, Lamborghini has a history with trucks; the LM002 SUV set the mold that the Hummer H2 would attempt to fill two decades later. The Urus -- named for the ancestor of modern bulls in Spain -- looks nothing like the LM002, drawing its styling from what a four-door Aventador might look like and its underpinnings from either the Cayenne or corporate cousin Audi. Many details such as specific engine choices remain under embargo; we'll have the full story on the Urus this weekend, but until then you can debate whether a Lamborghini SUV stands as a savvy move or just a lot of bull.

Please let me know if you need someone to help with the driving for your next trip up to the Eastern Sierra - I'm available. :) More pics here: http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/lamborghini-not-secret-suv-leaks-early-urus-153631899.html
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Re: New fly fishing vehicle

Postby WanderingBlues » April 22nd, 2012, 7:42 am

I bet I'll see a soccer mom down in Orange County driving one within 6 mos of release.....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby rayfound » April 23rd, 2012, 2:30 pm

Where is Tom Sakai? He already drives an X5 down there... this is the next logical step up.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Gary C. » April 23rd, 2012, 2:38 pm

I started to say I couldn't even afford a test drive until I remembered that a have a corporate AMX card in my pocket. That would probably cover it but then I would have to start the never ending fishing road trip, until they caught me.
Gary C.

Postby tomsakai » April 23rd, 2012, 2:44 pm

rayfound wrote:Where is Tom Sakai? He already drives an X5 down there... this is the next logical step up.

Hey, I was hoping that Mark Allen would buy one of those! He was looking for a new ride!
tomsakai

Postby rkfiske » April 23rd, 2012, 3:43 pm

rayfound wrote:Where is Tom Sakai? He already drives an X5 down there... this is the next logical step up.

Unfortunately Tom just upgraded to a Cayenne Turbo S otherwise I'm sure he'd pick this offroading beast up. :lol:
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Baughb » April 26th, 2012, 8:50 am

But the speed limit still gets to me in my 4 cylinder Honda....

Nice idea though.

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Postby Sasha » April 26th, 2012, 9:46 am

Meh....
Sasha

Postby briansII » April 26th, 2012, 10:07 am

I'm with Sasha. I'm sure it's a nice car and all, but it's not American built.

As MC Hammer would say, you can't touch this.

It will even fit 3 piece rods in the back.

briansII
briansII

Postby Flatsix » April 26th, 2012, 12:54 pm

This'll be right up there with the Range Rovers running around town with super low profile 20" wheels and tires.
Flatsix

Postby tomsakai » April 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

rkfiske wrote:

Unfortunately Tom just upgraded to a Cayenne Turbo S otherwise I'm sure he'd pick this offroading beast up. :lol:

NOT. Still driving the OLD X5. But only to certain places. After my first time down into a local canyon (where I met Ray for the first time) I said to myself "from now on I'll be bumming rides down here.
tomsakai

Postby fflutterffly » May 4th, 2012, 9:20 pm

A pacer! Really?
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby mike.s » May 6th, 2012, 10:40 pm

how about this? :mrgreen:
mike.s

Return to General Fly Fishing