REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Forum display issues: Post your problem

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Forum display issues: Post your problem

Postby Gary C. » March 10th, 2012, 12:47 am

WoooHoooo!! I can see!! I can see!! :bananadance:
Gary C.

Postby darrin terry » March 10th, 2012, 1:09 am

Uh oh Craig. Evidently there's a new problem. This is thread where people can post to tell you about problems viewing the forum. Well, Gary is obviously complaining that he can SEE now. It seems to be getting him a bit worked up. How many of the users said they couldn't see? Do you even know of a software fix for that? :lol:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Papasequoia » March 10th, 2012, 1:26 am

This, which I mentioned to you privately, but I think you said it would require separate coding for every page?

Artin wrote:The only thing that I liked from the old version was the View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics being there while doing replies.
On this version I have to go back to the board index to see them. I just use those 99% of the time to go through posts unless I am searching for something specific or posting a new thread.

Also, To my colorblind eyes, I only see two colors for read and unread threads. It looks like the circle that is kind of "blue" according to my wife, and the one that is kind of "green" (again according to her) look exactly the same to me. I realize that these are probably options that come with the forum setup and you can't change them, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby briansII » March 10th, 2012, 8:50 am

Papasequoia wrote:This, which I mentioned to you privately, but I think you said it would require separate coding for every page?

Artin wrote:The only thing that I liked from the old version was the View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics being there while doing replies.
On this version I have to go back to the board index to see them. I just use those 99% of the time to go through posts unless I am searching for something specific or posting a new thread.

Also, To my colorblind eyes, I only see two colors for read and unread threads. It looks like the circle that is kind of "blue" according to my wife, and the one that is kind of "green" (again according to her) look exactly the same to me. I realize that these are probably options that come with the forum setup and you can't change them, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Like I mentioned in another post, I'm not color blind....at least I don't think I am??, but I am still having a little trouble reading the dark text on light background. I don't know if there is not enough contrast, or the font is too small. I do know, I could read the old forum layout without reading glasses. No way can I do that now. FYI, I usually don't wear reading glasses while I'm browsing.

The "View new posts" thingie is bothersome now, but my guess is I'll get used to it.

briansII
briansII

Postby darrin terry » March 10th, 2012, 9:24 am

How has the 'View New Posts' option changed? I may have already adjusted as I have been using the new theme for several weeks, but I don't recall there being any difference. What have I missed? Just that it's only on the 'Index' page?
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Pete » March 10th, 2012, 10:07 am

Craig, Refresh worked for me. Thanks, Pete
Pete

Postby lucfish » March 10th, 2012, 10:20 am

It's working now. But so you know like others have said it's a little harder to read. I guess with time we'll get used to it.
lucfish

Postby garypullings » March 10th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Is there any way to change the color of the lettering of this part?

Board index ‹ LOCATIONS/REPORTS ‹ General Fly Fishing

That makes it a little hard to read for me. Almost can't read it at all.
garypullings

Postby rkfiske » March 10th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I dig it, though like a few others I find the background a bit busy. Maybe I'm just distracted because I keep looking over at that serious bendo! :)

I'm glad you're feeling better Craig
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby garypullings » March 10th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Craig wrote:
garypullings wrote:Is there any way to change the color of the lettering of this part?

Is it grey or orange? It's showing differently in IE and other browsers. Orange should be the correct color. Something on my plate of fixes.

It is Orange. My wife says it is light Orange.
garypullings

Postby Frank » March 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm

Clearing the cache totally worked for me. IE9 and Vista desktop.
I really dig the bendo background too! Nice work.
Frank

Postby Rob909 » March 10th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Craig wrote:
garypullings wrote:Is there any way to change the color of the lettering of this part?

Is it grey or orange? It's showing differently in IE and other browsers. Orange should be the correct color. Something on my plate of fixes.

Grey here.

IE9
Windows 7 - 64 bit

Rob
Rob909

Postby briansII » March 10th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Darrin Terry wrote:How has the 'View New Posts' option changed? I may have already adjusted as I have been using the new theme for several weeks, but I don't recall there being any difference. What have I missed? Just that it's only on the 'Index' page?

Darrin,

Right now, when I'm done reading your post above, I have to click "Board index", then click "View new posts", to get the list of new posts. Before, there was a "View new posts" at the top, so you could skip the "Board index" click and go straight to the new posts. Not a big, but once you are used to something, it takes a little while to get used to the change. One extra click is not not going to ruin my day :D :D

briansII
briansII

Postby darrin terry » March 10th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I see now why I missed it, or rather I'd seen it but paid no attention. I almost always open each thread in it's own tab so when I finish reading I can close it and be right back at the index page.

I guess I'd be asking for that change too if I viewed that way instead.
darrin terry

Postby stanbery » March 12th, 2012, 5:29 am

Craig
On Google you have this in orange Board index ‹ LOCATIONS/REPORTS ‹ General Fly Fishing

Put on IE7 it is set up in gray with grey background could you change that as well to orange.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing