REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Format...........

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: New Format...........

Postby fflutterffly » March 9th, 2012, 7:33 am

Me likey! I have no trouble reading the text because I use the old peoples "larger" text button on my MAC, command +! Easy as pie. But I was really shocked when I opened the page.

What's happening with the flow charts? I haven't seen a change in the EW for months. Is it still at 55?
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby planettrout » March 9th, 2012, 7:54 am

fflutterffly wrote:Me likey! I have no trouble reading the text because I use the old peoples "larger" text button on my MAC, command +! Easy as pie. But I was really shocked when I opened the page.

What's happening with the flow charts? I haven't seen a change in the EW for months. Is it still at 55?

Watch the "old people" thingee...some of us might believe it.... :o

...and I don't nee that function...yet

PT/TB
Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Postby dray » March 9th, 2012, 9:21 am

Different, but it looks good.
dray

Postby garypullings » March 9th, 2012, 9:25 am

Darrin Terry wrote:BTW, I know that when Craig was still testing, if he made a change he would suggest that we clear the cache in our browsers in order to get things to display correctly. So you might try that.

If your using Chrome press the button that looks like a wrench, go to options, go to under the hood, and click on the tab clear browsing data. then you can clear what you need cleared. for those of you who don't know how to do it I figured I would help some.
garypullings

Postby garypullings » March 9th, 2012, 9:32 am

ok, I cleared my cache and noticed a few things.

under my account when I open the tab and the drop down menu opens all links are jumbled together. I personally don't like the color combinations. Being color blind and having the colors similar make it hard for me to read.

Even though the colors are not the same it still makes it a difficult read. Can you make it possible for us to change our skin under my account?

If a color has alot of another base color that I can't see in it for example Dark Blue and purple are impossible for me to tell apart, or shades of red etc. Orange and reds are hard for me to see as well. So if a color has alot of another color in it, I can't see it that well. My wife says the site looks pretty but I personally have trouble seeing things due to the color combinations.

Greens etc. This is a good way to tell if some one is color blind though. If you didn't know, you know now.
garypullings

Postby stanbery » March 9th, 2012, 9:38 am

Craig wrote:
stanbery wrote:NEW FORMAT SUCKS YOU CAN NOT SEE A D*** THING!!!!! Need to change a few things such as font color or the back ground just becase you can not see anything. Can you even read what you wrote below Craig? I can not unless I highlight the pageImage

If this is how it is going to stay I will not be posting on this forum becasue it is way to hard to read EVERYTHING ON IT!!

Jon

Jon, you're a computer tech guy, right? Is your Microsoft broken? :fart:

What you are seeing is incorrect, and I don't blame you for not liking it. However, it's a client-side issue that we can resolve. That's not the way the new style looks, so don't worry. If you know how to clear your cache, give that a start. If that doesn't work, post for me the make/version of your browser so I can do some testing. Some older versions of browsers acted funky with the css3 styling I used. My laptop acted goofy with an old version of Firefox, and ALL versions of IE don't display the opacity/rounded edges of some of the panels.

PM me if you need further help. I can walk you through some things.

IE7 old version at work give you the nasty work. :fireangry:
Chrome works fine and it looks WAY better.
Thanks

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Packer » March 9th, 2012, 9:39 am

the background makes it difficult for me to read the posts. :x
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby briansII » March 9th, 2012, 9:45 am

garypullings wrote:ok, I cleared my cache and noticed a few things.

under my account when I open the tab and the drop down menu opens all links are jumbled together. I personally don't like the color combinations. Being color blind and having the colors similar make it hard for me to read.

Even though the colors are not the same it still makes it a difficult read. Can you make it possible for us to change our skin under my account?

If a color has alot of another base color that I can't see in it for example Dark Blue and purple are impossible for me to tell apart, or shades of red etc. Orange and reds are hard for me to see as well. So if a color has alot of another color in it, I can't see it that well. My wife says the site looks pretty but I personally have trouble seeing things due to the color combinations.

I like the new format, but I too have a little bit of trouble reading the text. I'm not color blind, but my 50+ year old eyes have trouble seeing the black text on a grey background....or is it light blue? In contrast(pun intended ;) ), this reply box I'm typing in now looks great. White background with black text.

If you all like it, and have no trouble, I can get by with the way it is now. :grouphug:

briansII
briansII

Postby Artin » March 9th, 2012, 9:52 am

The only thing that I liked from the old version was the View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics being there while doing replies.
On this version I have to go back to the board index to see them. I just use those 99% of the time to go through posts unless I am searching for something specific or posting a new thread.

Wow, Craig you've got a lot of input.... In general I really like it though. But I can also understand some concerns. Doesn't affect me any though.

Is that you on the background with a Boo fly rod? If so that's a sick bend!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Benny » March 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

This is what I'm seeing, the actual size of the forum is a bit on the small side, although that was easily corrected by increasing the size as you could see in the examples below.

Before

After

All I did was go over to the small wrench on the top right hand side of the page on Google Chrome and increase the Zoom to 125%, I could go much higher but that size works out just fine for me. I need reading glasses, so this is my way around wearing them.

Aside from the new small format, the site looks good. For those like myself that have a hard time reading the font size, just increase the size with two clicks of the mouse, it really works wonders....
Benny

Postby Artin » March 9th, 2012, 11:34 am

Craig wrote:
Artin wrote:The only thing that I liked from the old version was the View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics being there while doing replies.
On this version I have to go back to the board index to see them. I just use those 99% of the time to go through posts unless I am searching for something specific or posting a new thread.

Wow, Craig you've got a lot of input.... In general I really like it though. But I can also understand some concerns. Doesn't affect me any though.

Is that you on the background with a Boo fly rod? If so that's a sick bend!

Artin

That's actually David. No one takes pictures of me unless I'm holding a 31" brown trout :fart: Below is the photo of what was pulling against the Boo in the background pic. Wish I would have got a better photo, but I was shooting video at the time and didn't want to take too much time messing with photos.

:funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup:

Like that last one on what was it a negative 3 wt rod! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I hear that.
That's one heck of a respectable specimen of a trout Dave's got there. Kudos!

Atin
Artin

Postby Artin » March 9th, 2012, 11:47 am

That's dirty man..... How are you gonna do that to me on on a Friday where I can't go fishing over the weekend!

:doh: :doh:

Very nice! very very nice!

Artin
Artin

Postby tomsakai » March 9th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Craig, if you could use a darker font that would help us old guys! Thanks.
tomsakai

Postby DubL HauL » March 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm

I had to delete my browsing history in order to read the updated formate thanks for providing the instructions I was feeling like Stanberry last night!

Andy
DubL HauL

Postby tomsakai » March 9th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Here's a screenshot. Font shows up dark grey or brown. Using Firefox 10.0; cache is cleared.

tomsakai

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing