REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Just sayin'

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Just sayin'

Postby Artin » January 24th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Re: Just sayin'

Postby Sasha » January 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm

What the * is that cluster f**k :?

Did CADFG dump a bunch of big azz fish in some pond :?

Bet they fought really hard :lol:
Sasha

Postby Gila Trout » January 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Thats the top lake at Yucipia regional park where real anglers fish
Gila Trout

Postby planettrout » January 24th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Artin wrote:Image

Artin

Is that Ken from "THE SPOT"...???... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PT/TB
Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Postby anacrime » January 24th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Manly men
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Sasha » January 24th, 2012, 7:01 pm

On second look is that breading on that fish :bananadance:

Dude you so need to post that on the "Local board pics unlimited" thread :lol:
Sasha

Postby tomsakai » January 24th, 2012, 10:48 pm

As long as those types are happy catching stocked fish out of put and take lakes I'm happy too. More room for us on the locals. I really don't mind seeing pics of people holding big stocked fish.
tomsakai

Postby WanderingBlues » January 25th, 2012, 12:10 am

LMAO. Size 4 treble hook, 20# test, and a big old wad of power bait. Ah well, everyone has their niche.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Pete » January 25th, 2012, 4:59 am

tomsakai wrote:As long as those types are happy catching stocked fish out of put and take lakes I'm happy too. More room for us on the locals. I really don't mind seeing pics of people holding big stocked fish.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Pete

Postby BobK » January 25th, 2012, 7:36 am

I don't like Golf, but if it keeps people entertained, active and doing stuff with family and friends, go for it. Bobk
BobK

Postby rkfiske » January 25th, 2012, 8:36 am

Pete wrote:
tomsakai wrote:As long as those types are happy catching stocked fish out of put and take lakes I'm happy too. More room for us on the locals. I really don't mind seeing pics of people holding big stocked fish.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

My thoughts exactly, put and takes aren't so bad! I consider them a necessity to protect local waters when you have a population as huge as LA does.
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Bernard » January 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

Amen. It's a great diversion.
Bernard

Postby rayfound » January 25th, 2012, 11:53 am

Man, that fish has beautiful gravel marks. look at it, so pretty.

Craig wrote:I like the privatized lakes like SARL, Corona, and Hesperia. I think the DFG should end stocking in general except for light stocking in urban public parks and put all the money saved into enforcement instead. Leave the fish hatcheries and planting to the private industry that seems to be quite attractive for the most part to the catch and keep crowd.

No stocking in public waters means nobody buying licenses. Trout will be gone and the bass/bluegill/catfish populations will get hammered next as dunkers look for whatever they can take home.

There are not enough of the private waters to support the harvest expected by the population in SoCal.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby FlyinFish » January 25th, 2012, 12:19 pm

I disagree... people who chase stocked trout, rarely look for other options when there's no stocking.

The San Gabe is empty since they stopped stocking. Nobody is going to go fish for those 8"ers who used to fish the stockers.

And as for other species, don't think so there either. Go to Pyramid or Castaic anytime they're not stocking and there's nobody fishing the shore. There's stripers and LMB to be had year round there, and ya, some guys will be fishing the stripers, but nowhere near the number that fish the stockers.

Also, no other species is as easy to catch from shore than a stocked trout. Most people don't have a boat to get to the LMB.

If you don't stock, they just won't fish. And I'm fine with that, in most places, but it is cool to stock certain places to gain revenue that will be used for patrol and regulation. But certain places have no business being stocked.
FlyinFish

Postby BobK » January 25th, 2012, 8:12 pm

That would shut down 1/2 of the businesses in Inyo Mono Counties. Fly fishermen do not contribute very much compared to the families and groups of friends that fish, eat and sleep in the Sierras, most of them bait and lure fishing from Lone Pine to Coleville. Most of the fish that they are after are the planted Rainbows. No fish = no license revenue= less Wardens and money to protect what wild fisheries that we do have. It would be a ghost town like atmosphere in some areas. No wonder some think of us fly fishermen as an elitist group....BobK
BobK

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing