REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Bummed

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Bummed

Postby lucfish » January 21st, 2012, 10:24 pm

Was going to be going steelhead fishing next week with one of my brothers but I got a call from my guide friend Brad and he said don't even bother,flows increased 20 fold and is the color of chocolate milk. :( It's a drag but I rescheduled for the second week in February. I wasn't going to fish this weekend but I guess I'll have to fish somewhere local tomorrow. :o
lucfish

Re: Bummed

Postby flyster » January 22nd, 2012, 9:10 pm

That IS a bummer :( :( :( :( :comfort: :comfort: :comfort: !!!
" Boy it's going to be really hard not to do this again tomorrow!!"
flyster

Postby WanderingBlues » January 22nd, 2012, 9:50 pm

Aw man...... Mother Nature is a tease....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby rayfound » January 22nd, 2012, 11:05 pm

Luc, be positive brother... all that water will get the fish moving for when you get there.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby tomsakai » January 23rd, 2012, 1:39 am

On the bright side, you'd be even more bummed if Brad had not called and you went up there to find the high flows and muddy water. Now you have an extra week to fish local!
tomsakai

Postby Artin » January 23rd, 2012, 8:22 am

tomsakai wrote:On the bright side, you'd be even more bummed if Brad had not called and you went up there to find the high flows and muddy water. Now you have an extra week to fish local!

YEP!

Great point there.

I consider you lucky that he called to resceduled.... That makes for a great guide and honest person.... I like et!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby lucfish » January 23rd, 2012, 8:56 am

Artin wrote:
tomsakai wrote:On the bright side, you'd be even more bummed if Brad had not called and you went up there to find the high flows and muddy water. Now you have an extra week to fish local!

YEP!

Great point there.

I consider you lucky that he called to resceduled.... That makes for a great guide and honest person.... I like et!

Artin

Your right about that. He always wants to make sure the client has the best fishing experience possible. I consider myself lucky to call him my friend. On another note I just called to cancel my hotel reservation and they said it's pouring big time and it's melting all the snow. I'm sure we would not have fished at all for the three days we had schuduled.
lucfish

Postby beachbum » January 23rd, 2012, 11:12 am

All this water will bring up fish. The fishing has the potential to be pretty good when you go. Can't wait for your report.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby Artin » January 23rd, 2012, 11:35 am

beachbum wrote:All this water will bring up fish. The fishing has the potential to be pretty good when you go. Can't wait for your report.

Indeed!
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Return to General Fly Fishing