REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Been going through some things.

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Been going through some things.

Postby Josh lopez 82 » November 4th, 2011, 7:48 pm

It's been a while since I have posted anything on my favorite forum that has brought me many days of joy and excitement. I have had some things happen in my life that have really been overwhelming. I had a dear uncle pass away that really came as a shock. He was only 44. Being that I'm only about to be 29 this month I haven't experianced any close family deaths. Secondly my relationship hit a bump in the road, but that is going o.k now. I really need a day on the water even if It's just to get my line wet. Honestly just the thought of a good solid cast brings my mind to ease. Thank's for listening fellas and I hope to be able to post a good report before the season is over. I have a little wooden plaque on my livivng room wall that I brought from Colorado that says "Cast Away You're Troubles Go Fishing". There is so much truth in that.
Josh lopez 82

Re: Been going through some things.

Postby Papasequoia » November 4th, 2011, 7:52 pm

I was wondering what happened to you when you didn't make the Volcano Party or logon at all. Best wishes in getting things back on track - going fishing is always a good idea.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Josh lopez 82 » November 4th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Thanks papa. I really missed out on the volcano party. I had it all planned out too. next time.
Josh lopez 82

Postby Wildman » November 4th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Josh-
I know the feeling. We just had a life changing event happen to our family as well. It happens.

Give me a pm if you'd like to hit some local creeks near the both of us.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby lucfish » November 4th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Hey you mention you'll try and get in some reports before the season is over. The season is never over! Go to a local and get a few, that'll make alot of things better.
lucfish

Postby tenandtwo » November 4th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Well, I only met you and fished with you that one time, but I had a blast and will be be happy do it again or give another spot a go. As Luc said, year-round opportunities for a quick day on the water are nearby. Life happens, take care of things, the fish will be there when you are ready to chase em.
tenandtwo

Postby greenbug » November 5th, 2011, 12:06 am

Hey Josh,

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, I was just thinking that I haven't seen a post from you in a while. I hope everything gets better.....wish you good fortune!

Paul
greenbug

Postby WanderingBlues » November 5th, 2011, 7:33 am

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Josh. I wish I could say life gets easier as you go along, but it doesn't. What happens is you learn to appreciate the good times & people, and to hunker down through the tough times. And, yep, fishing sure helps sometimes. Doors always open on my home water.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby RSetina » November 5th, 2011, 8:10 am

Josh, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. I know how you feel. My brother passed away at the same age of 44 back in the 80s. It's something you don't expect and that makes it all the more difficult. Take care Josh.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby beachbum » November 5th, 2011, 9:53 am

Good bless your Uncle. Go fishing. It has a way of healing.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby mpeterson8 » November 5th, 2011, 1:29 pm

One of my favorite quotes is from the book, The River Why, by David James Duncan,

"Well, I know one good cure for sadness: I took up my fly rod and turned to the river and to a new life devoid of every obstacle between me and my beloved art of angling."

Though it is seldom more than a temporary fix, it at least eases the mind for that period of time.
Hang in there,
Mark P.
mpeterson8

Postby flybob » November 6th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Hey Josh, Sorry to hear of your loss.
You are only 29, there is much life to live, and I would be lying to you if I told you it only gets easier, it doesn't.
Our easiest times are pre-adulthood, plain and simple!
The name of the game is to endure the tough times, and learn from them, appreciate what you have earned, and enjoy the good times to the fullest, live your life so that you never have to look over your shoulder, and the most important of all, always tell the truth, for it is the only thing you will have to remember!

You have become a member of a unique group of people on this board, enjoy the camaraderie!
They have helped carry me through a couple of tough times!

Luc is right, fishing season is Never Over in S.CAL!

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Josh lopez 82 » November 6th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Thank's again to you all for the support and encouragement. It's true that the season is never over in so.cal. I'm working in San Diego this week so I'm hoping this following weekend will permit for me to get on the water. Just the thought of a perfectly executed double haul brings my soul to rest. I have no words to explain, but I know that you all understand perfectly. Thanks again!
Josh lopez 82

Postby Wildman » November 6th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Just be thankful you can do a double haul....I've been trying for years! Give me a holler when you get back up and we'll go to a creek I know.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Josh lopez 82 » November 7th, 2011, 6:58 pm

Wildman wrote:Just be thankful you can do a double haul....I've been trying for years! Give me a holler when you get back up and we'll go to a creek I know.

Thanks a lot wild man. I would really like that a lot.
Josh lopez 82

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing