REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Wade Rivers Web site

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Wade Rivers Web site

Postby Barrie Mann » November 8th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Some of you may have caught his post as a new subscriber to this Forum but if you didn't let me fill you in. Wade Rivers (screen name) is an avid fly fisher who just happens to be a fantastic photographer as well. He resides on the east coast and I've been fortunate enough to share water with him a couple of times plus a few pleasant evening around a camp fire imbibing on some adult bevrages and telling fish stories. Wade is a super guy and one that I'm proud to call friend. Any how Wade also has a website that chronicles his love of Montana and Wyoming as well as Pennsylvania. For those interested check out his site at http://pennsylvaniaflyfishing.blogspot.com/
Enjoy I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Barrie Mann

Re: Wade Rivers Web site

Postby Wade Rivers » November 8th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Dear Barrie,
Thank you for the kind words but honestly, I couldn't tell you the difference between an F-stop and a door stop. I just release the shutter and let Mother Nature & the gods at Canon do all the hard work. If this year has been any indication, I'm not much better at fly fishing either. Doesn't matter though because there is nothing I enjoy more than feeling the push of cold wild trout water against my legs while being surrounded by wild country and the overwhelming power and splendor of nature. When you come right down to it all I really want to do with my life is camp and fish. I guess I never really grew up.

I first found this site by doing a Google search on some of the more well known waters on the eastern side of the Sierras. When I stumbled across your name it was like finding an ice cold mountain stream after a long hike across Death Valley -small world sometimes, eh? I was enormously impressed with the camaraderie, talent, commentary & cool pix here so I signed up. I've been pretty busy lately so right now I'm still slowly exploring my way around this endlessly entertaining and endlessly informative site. It's like trying to take a small sip of water from a fire hose.

Thanks again.

Wade

P.S. The trip reports here just knock my socks off.
"If we've learned anything from history, it's that man can never learn anything from history"
Wade Rivers

Postby Autodave » November 9th, 2008, 3:09 pm

WOW-Very nice website!F-stop or door stop---please don't stop.Keep up the beautiful pic's,Dave
Autodave

Postby thtsarumr » November 9th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Gorgeous site. I miss fishing in Pa. Fished Bald Eagle Creek near State College every year.
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby 1mocast » November 9th, 2008, 5:46 pm

Wade,
Nice site and welcome to our motley crew...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Sasha » November 9th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Great site! Welcome to this mad house ;)
Sasha

Postby coreyk » November 10th, 2008, 9:47 am

Great stuff ... Sub'd to the blog and am looking forward to your posts and photos! :)
coreyk

Postby rayfound » November 10th, 2008, 10:05 am

Craig, can we move this post to the Helpful links section so it doesn't get buried by all of the other stuff as quickly?

This is a seriously good site - great photos.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Return to General Fly Fishing