REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Lines at the polls

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Lines at the polls

Postby Papasequoia » November 4th, 2008, 2:58 pm

I got an automated phone message saying that Republicans were supposed to vote today and Democrats were supposed to vote tomorrow. Isn't that right? Oh wait, that was only registered democrats in battleground states. Now gosh, golly, gee, who would do such a thing? Probably that naughty Karl Rove. :twisted: Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Sasha » November 4th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Papasequoia wrote:I got an automated phone message saying that Republicans were supposed to vote today and Democrats were supposed to vote tomorrow. Isn't that right? Oh wait, that was only registered democrats in battleground states. Now gosh, golly, gee, who would do such a thing? Probably that naughty Karl Rove. :twisted: Jon

Well it's true :lol: ;)
Sasha

Postby midger » November 4th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Papasequoia wrote:I vote in person, just so I can get the sticker. :lol:

Ha! They send you a sticker with your absentee ballot also. Besides, I have to drink when given the choice of candidates we had this time, and they don't let you bring a bottle to the polling places. :cry:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby rayfound » November 4th, 2008, 4:58 pm

New Drinking Game: Everytime you hear the phrase "Battleground states" on CNN tonight, take a shot.

My bet - you'll be in the hospital before the polls close.

PS - Midger - As a non-citizen, I am unable to vote. In this years presidential race this is somewhat a blessing - I can always say "I never Voted for Him" when everyone hates the next president.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Papasequoia » November 4th, 2008, 5:24 pm

They had a segment on NPR today about drinking games to play at election parties. One of them was like the one you mention, Ray. But the phrase they gave to signal drinking was "mandate." I have a feeling if we take a drink every time they say 'battleground state' we'll be drunk before finding out who the next president is! Of course, that would have benefitted Midger if he hadn't voted absentee! Jon

PS Thanks for the info on the sticker in the mail; I think I'll vote absentee next election. Although I only waited about an hour today, I could have been scouring the net for fish * instead. 8-)
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Bernard » November 4th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Well I am back from a crazy time at Typhoon. This restaurant is right on the tarmac at the Santa Monica airport. An "I Voted" sticker got you a free dessert. What was extra cool was that Santa Monica's ballots fly out of here and I took a shot with the LA Sherriff chopper pilot. It was kind of cool to be at this hub of the voting pipeline.

Bernard

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing