REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Lines at the polls

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Lines at the polls

Postby RSetina » November 4th, 2008, 8:34 am

Wondering if everyone else felt the the polling place you were at today was as busier? Seems the reports are right, voter turnout is going to be much higher this year. It's good see people getting involved.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Re: Lines at the polls

Postby midger » November 4th, 2008, 8:42 am

I didn't notice the Post Office lines being longer when I mailed our absentee ballots in two weeks ago, but it was hard carrying in the 5 boxes of ballots I was mailing. ;) :lol: :lol: We were registered by ACORN. VOTE. VOTE OFTEN.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby anacrime » November 4th, 2008, 8:56 am

just got back, no lines at my location
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Benny » November 4th, 2008, 9:04 am

I'm like Midger, the mail box at the end of the street had no line whatsoever ;) Absentee ballot is the way to go guys :ugeek:
Benny

Postby Eric » November 4th, 2008, 9:07 am

Benny wrote:I'm like Midger, the mail box at the end of the street had no line whatsoever ;) Absentee ballot is the way to go guys :ugeek:

You got that right Benny!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric
Eric

Postby rayfound » November 4th, 2008, 9:13 am

Non citizens don't vote - so I wouldn't know.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Danny McB » November 4th, 2008, 9:15 am

Benny wrote:I'm like Midger, the mail box at the end of the street had no line whatsoever ;) Absentee ballot is the way to go guys :ugeek:

I had this discussion with my wife last night. She wants to do absentee while for me I just enjoy the whole proccess and the feeling I get when I do it in person (I do live in a smaller town so maybe I dont see the headache that everyone else does), I just didnt get that feeling when I did absentee before, I just didnt feel as empowered ..... To each his own and most importantly we are all voting and thats what really counts.

Danny McB
Danny McB

Postby darrin terry » November 4th, 2008, 9:56 am

I am expecting long lines after work tonight. This is the second election in which my application for permanent vote by mail status has been ignored. I am pretty * about it actually. What's the point of applying for the * thing if the elections office/voter registration office is going to ignore it?

I will be standing in line though. Voting is not a right in my opinion. It's a responsibility.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Flyjunkie » November 4th, 2008, 10:06 am

I got in Line prior to 7 Am and only waited about 20 minutes... I got in Line before the Big Line got going so it went smoothly... I am gonna apply for Mail in Status in the Future because My friend does it and he sez it's alot easier.. (thought I'm like others in that I actually enjoy the process of going to Vote)

On the Plus side the Polling place ran about as smooth as one could ask for... seeing as they had to handle 3 different Polling areas in the same building.... ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Papasequoia » November 4th, 2008, 10:11 am

I vote in person, just so I can get the sticker. :lol:
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Flyjunkie » November 4th, 2008, 10:17 am

Papasequoia wrote:I vote in person, just so I can get the sticker. :lol:

That's the Big Bonus... gettin' the Sticker.. Which I'm wearing very proudly Right Now :lol: :lol:
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Rob909 » November 4th, 2008, 10:33 am

Darrin Terry wrote:I am expecting long lines after work tonight. This is the second election in which my application for permanent vote by mail status has been ignored. I am pretty * about it actually. What's the point of applying for the * thing if the elections office/voter registration office is going to ignore it?

I will be standing in line though. Voting is not a right in my opinion. It's a responsibility.

I'll be standing in line after work as well Darrin.

I'm hoping it will not be too bad.

But I'm really hoping people have done their homework and used their sample ballot, so the line keeps moving.

Rob
Rob909

Postby Rob909 » November 4th, 2008, 10:35 am

Papasequoia wrote:I vote in person, just so I can get the sticker. :lol:

Show the sticker at Starbucks today and you get a free coffee.

Rob
Rob909

Postby Bernard » November 4th, 2008, 11:39 am

I enjoy the ritual and process.Got to my polling place at 6:30 and no line. Went to grab coffee and returned to be #20 or so. By the time the doors opened, there were 75 people. By the time I left and was done there were 100 people with more walking up. I had fun chatting with those around me. Between browns feeding at dawn and hitting the polls before the lines, being an early riser is to be celebrated!
Bernard

Postby 1mocast » November 4th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Got the Absentee ballot too late...Plan to drop it off after work today...Any polling place will do...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing