REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

How silly will it get?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

How silly will it get?

Postby Papasequoia » November 3rd, 2008, 8:36 pm

So, a guy on the kern forum who goes by FishinXJ writes a nice post about fishing in the rain this past weekend (River Junkies in the Rain!) and in his post he lists all of the many people that he knew and saw on the river, or at breakfast. Those people were: Guy with clients, Zee, Raider, Dblhaul, RockstarFly, Richard Cullip, Raider, Barrie/EasternFly and Craig/Wildfly. At some point the post was censored and the names of Barrie and Craig were removed from the post. I mean really, how childish can you get?

Today I saw that Rayfound had replied and wrote something like, 'what happened to Barrie and Craig's names? They are fly fishers who were on the river too. Just because they have been banned doesn't mean their names should be deleted.' To which I replied in a light-hearted vein:

"Yeah, they were in the original post, but it got censored. I guess once you get banned you become like Lord Voldemort, or in this case "The-Fisherman-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. :D "

Within an hour or so, both of our posts had been deleted, I noticed that Flyguy had been online during that time. Every time it seems like this stuff is dying down, he starts it up again. It is just so childish and immature. It was bad enough to get banned because you mentioned David. But now, regular members who put the name of a banned member in a post, no matter how inncocently, get their posts censored? I know that we were all, me included, hoping that this baloney was behind us and we could move on and discuss other things. But this Big Brother stuff really drives me nuts. And since my post about it was censored/deleted over there, I just had to bring it up again here and let people know that the madness and silliness and childish "taking my ball and going home" actions have not ceased or diminished.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Re: How silly will it get?

Postby rayfound » November 3rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

Papa. Thank you for posting this. I would like to ask Craig to move it to the mud-flinging section. I have some things to add, but would prefer to do it to opted-in members only.

-Ray

PS - I was watching for mine to get deleted. Yours was so quickly deleted I never saw it had been posted.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Papasequoia » November 3rd, 2008, 9:13 pm

Actually, I considered posting it there, but I thought it important that as many people as possible get to see it. It's not really mud-slingin'/crap flingin', just stating the facts. I don't care, I guess, if Craig would prefer to move it, but as an alternative, you could start a new thread there? My only concern with moving it is that I know that there are some people from that board who are reading this board, but have not yet registered. I think it's important that they find out about the things that are going on behind the scenes over there (censoring their posts). Btw, I got no PM or other information on why my post was deleted.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Eric » November 3rd, 2008, 9:25 pm

Pretty dam sad !!!
Eric
Eric

Return to General Fly Fishing