REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Locked and Loaded!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Locked and Loaded!

Postby Trootfisher » June 29th, 2011, 8:25 pm

whoa, is it that time of year already?

good luck on the trip Bob!
Trootfisher

Postby 1mocast » June 29th, 2011, 8:32 pm

mike.s wrote:Bob and the GTW crew....have a great time!!!! and enjoy the potluck tomorrow night.. for me that was always the best part.. except for the fishing..ha
catch some big ones!!!
Mike
Mike and the FFA crew, I can't wait...I will take lots of pictures of us catching some big 4 inch......goldens. ;)
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby FlyinFish » June 29th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Very nicely done! I see you've been rummaging for the paper roll tubes by the plotters. Hehe. I need to get some of those caps too.

Just looking at your pack gets my juices flowing. Have a fantastic time up there. And don't forget to strip the dries.
FlyinFish

Postby rkfiske » June 29th, 2011, 9:33 pm

flybob wrote:Hey Ryan, you will be proud of me, It's down to 40lbs, and the only thing missing is the Martini bottle and the olives, that will go in tonight. :D

That's not bad Bob!! I'm under 20 now with fishing gear! :lol: I'm really bummed that I won't be joining you guys this year. It'll be the first year in a few that I'll miss this trip. I hope you guys have fun, though I know I don't need to worry. May the crowds be thin and the fish be fat!! Looking forward to pictures from all of you!

PS In case something weird happens and I can make it, PM me which side of the moraine you'll be on so I can hunt you guys down if need be.
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby 1mocast » June 29th, 2011, 9:44 pm

There will be next year and hopefully many more to come....If you happen to drop by, we will probably be staying at the same place as last year.

I will dredge some size 22 midges for your both. And for Justin, I will throw out that size 8 stimi...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Eric1 » June 29th, 2011, 11:52 pm

rkfiske wrote:
flybob wrote:Hey Ryan, you will be proud of me, It's down to 40lbs, and the only thing missing is the Martini bottle and the olives, that will go in tonight. :D

That's not bad Bob!! I'm under 20 now with fishing gear! :lol: I'm really bummed that I won't be joining you guys this year. It'll be the first year in a few that I'll miss this trip. I hope you guys have fun, though I know I don't need to worry. May the crowds be thin and the fish be fat!! Looking forward to pictures from all of you!

PS In case something weird happens and I can make it, PM me which side of the moraine you'll be on so I can hunt you guys down if need be.

Sorry to read your not going to make it Ryan. Does that sub 20 lb. include a bear cannister? Under 20 lbs. is amazing.
Eric
Eric1

Postby Justin » June 30th, 2011, 12:34 am

1mocast wrote:There will be next year and hopefully many more to come....If you happen to drop by, we will probably be staying at the same place as last year.

I will dredge some size 22 midges for your both. And for Justin, I will throw out that size 8 stimi...

Heck ya Mark!! have a blast!!!
Justin

Postby stanbery » June 30th, 2011, 12:48 am

Have a great time up there guys.
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby rkfiske » June 30th, 2011, 8:57 am

Eric1 wrote:
rkfiske wrote:

Sorry to read your not going to make it Ryan. Does that sub 20 lb. include a bear cannister? Under 20 lbs. is amazing.
Eric

With bear can food and full platypus ~25 for average 3 day trip
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing