REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Completely off topic

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Completely off topic

Postby fflutterffly » March 13th, 2011, 2:41 pm

The right thing to do, right now, for the world, would be to put down arms and every country come to the aide of Japan. Start living like neighbors.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: Completely off topic

Postby beachbum » March 13th, 2011, 2:56 pm

I was thinking about the same topic, and whether the extremists that are causing most of the problems in the world would consider something like that. It doesn't seem likely. Live and let live is not their motto.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby WanderingBlues » March 13th, 2011, 7:01 pm

It would be too easy just to drive down the cynical highway on this one, so I'll leave it on my mantra.

"Do the right thing,
For the right reasons
& at the right time."
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » March 14th, 2011, 7:35 am

You can help them out by making a donation. The American Red Cross will be there.
https://american.redcross.org/site/Dona ... df_id=5052

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Flatsix » March 14th, 2011, 8:21 am

fflutterffly wrote:The right thing to do, right now, for the world, would be to put down arms and every country come to the aide of Japan. Start living like neighbors.

Putting aside our differences and joining together to help a brother in need, wouldn't that be something.

The good news is that there will tons of aide going to Japan from all over the world. There are a lot of organizations that are set up to do this type of work.
Flatsix

Postby tenandtwo » March 14th, 2011, 11:56 am

beachbum wrote:I was thinking about the same topic, and whether the extremists that are causing most of the problems in the world would consider something like that. It doesn't seem likely. Live and let live is not their motto.

No kidding! Millions of people travel by air daily all with the intention of landing safely. Because of 19 wackjobs airport security is now a nightmare. Our Troops are tied up chasing that same small% in middle eastern nations of otherwise good people. It's such a shame more of our troops can't use their training and resources to help Japan.
tenandtwo

Postby nick562 » March 15th, 2011, 2:12 pm

tenandtwo wrote:
beachbum wrote:I was thinking about the same topic, and whether the extremists that are causing most of the problems in the world would consider something like that. It doesn't seem likely. Live and let live is not their motto.

No kidding! Millions of people travel by air daily all with the intention of landing safely. Because of 19 wackjobs airport security is now a nightmare. Our Troops are tied up chasing that same small% in middle eastern nations of otherwise good people. It's such a shame more of our troops can't use their training and resources to help Japan.

Amen!!
nick562

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » March 15th, 2011, 4:29 pm

I think the biggest heros right now are the 50 employees working on the nuclear plant that keeps exploding.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby Bernard » March 16th, 2011, 1:42 am

Good links ...Thanks guys.B
Bernard

Return to General Fly Fishing