REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Thanks to all who have served

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Thanks to all who have served

Postby fflutterffly » November 11th, 2010, 5:24 pm

I wanted to extend my deepest thanks for all who have served in the services. There hasn't been a day that I haven't felt blessed to live in a country where we have all the freedoms we enjoy and it's all because of each and everyone of you. If I could I would personally extend my hand in thanks. You've done a job few can do and have done it with great success.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: Thanks to all who have served

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » November 15th, 2010, 4:08 pm

I'm surprised that more haven't replied to this.... I was gone so that's my excuse, but I will say that not only did we celebrate Blu's return this weekend, I really made another Vet's day by thanking him. It was Sunday and I had him take my picture under the Mobius Arch in the Alabama Hills. I noticed he had a Vietnam Veteran's hat on and asked him about it. He said he is a vet so I shook his hand and thanked him. * near brought tears to his eyes, after he was saying that hardly anyone pays any attention to the Vets these days.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby darrin terry » November 15th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Well said, Ariel! Mike, you too! This weekend may have been all about thanking Blu, but we should all remember to thank the other Vets out there when we have the chance. They have given of themselves in ways most of us cannot relate to.

THANK YOU! To any and all Vets for the service you've given to all of us.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby stanbery » November 16th, 2010, 1:48 am

Well said. from each of you.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby FFFF » November 28th, 2010, 5:43 pm

Ariel, I am sure i speak for all of us who have served our country....it was a privilege. Thanks for putting this out there......and......You're welcome!!!!!
FFFF

Postby Eric » November 28th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Areil thanks for posting this thread. Thanks to all the vets from the site for protecting me and my family.
eric
Eric

Postby Fishfreak911 » November 30th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Yes, thank you for posting this. I am a proud U.S. Army veteran and also thank the young (and old) men and women out there standing up for our country.
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby thtsarumr » December 5th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Believe me when I tell you that it means everything to veterans for folks to take a few seconds and just say thank you. Sorry for not posting anything earlier on this. Let's just hope and pray that while our brothers in arms are away doing what they do best, that we don't lose our own country and constitution while we are away.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Return to General Fly Fishing