REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

the SG

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

the SG

Postby FFFF » July 26th, 2010, 12:29 pm

Never fished this water.....amazingly, since I am only about an hour away. So...the WF or the EF....anyone care to comment?
FFFF

Re: the SG

Postby csimcox » July 26th, 2010, 12:53 pm

I say hit the WF. Nothing special, but nice for a local stream. There's a good population of large stone flies in that river, so make their imitation part of your *. I rarely use anything other than dries up there. Walk at least a mile before you start fishing. It's not that the fish are better, just it gets you away from some of the crowds. Don't leave any valuables in sight in your car. If you can, pick up trash on your way out.
http://www.chadsimcox.com Photography and Video portfolio
http://grainfarmer.tumblr.com/ Grain Farmer - tumblr page featuring photography, art and design from around the world
csimcox

Postby FFFF » July 26th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Thnks for the info Chad....that is sorta what I was thinking too. How about the "bridge to nowhere"? Have you fished that area?
FFFF

Postby fflutterffly » July 26th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Get someone else to drive. I hate leaving my car.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby Frank » July 26th, 2010, 7:02 pm

WF if you have a bike. No time at all to get to the C+R section. It's still cold enough, for now. A lil' off color.

The WF parking lot has been crowded by mid morning. Don't stay after dark, either.

Might wanna try a PT dropper or some such off your dry. Might be worth a tangle or two.

EF if you can get there early enough to find parking. Clearer, and more scenic. Haven't been back to the bridge,

I always start fishing too soon. Don't forget your Adventure Pass, they write lots of tickets for that.

PA's and EHC's are my fave's. Practice your sneak, it helps.
Frank

Postby tobysmom » July 27th, 2010, 10:43 am

Get pass the crowds and throw drys. I agree with Ariel . I have seen 2 cars broken into so far this summer up there.
tobysmom

Return to General Fly Fishing