REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Womens fly gear

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Womens fly gear

Postby gabe » September 9th, 2008, 6:05 pm

not for me *!

I was talking with Linda the other night while I was researching for new wading shoes for myself. She stated that its about time she gets some new hiking shoes or wading shoes so I don't have to piggy back her over water crossings. So I searched around but didn't find too much. I saw that Redington has wading boots for women, and so does Cabelas and Bass Pro. I was just wondering if any you or your wives or girlfriends have any gear that they find comfortable. This goes for waders as well. She's really short so it's going to be a mission finding something that will fit her. Anyhow I'm hoping to better accommodate her now since she is finally opening up to the idea of fly fishing with me.

Thanks,
gabe

Re: Womens fly gear

Postby anacrime » September 9th, 2008, 6:08 pm

I got my girlfriend some columbia amphibious shoes from stp
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Sasha » September 9th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Found these :lol: ;)

Sasha

Postby gabe » September 9th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Sasha wrote:Found these :lol: ;)

now if those were modeled by some hotties, i bet they would selling.
I can just imagine some dumb chick like Paris Hilton trying to sport those.
gabe

Postby Sasha » September 9th, 2008, 10:41 pm

On a serious note I have heard good things about Dan Bailey’s women’s waders. If they are anything like the men’s waders (yes I have a pair) as far as quality they should be great.
Sasha

Postby ColoradoXJ » September 10th, 2008, 7:22 am

I bought my wife a set of the Dan Baileys last year and they are great. I definitely recommend them! My waders are also Dan Bailey's, but they are a few years old, still holding up great.
-Aaron
As long as there are fish to fool, THIS FOOL WILL FISH!
ColoradoXJ

Postby KRoberts1 » September 10th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Bought the wife a set of the Cabela's UltraLite Boots. The way the toungue is sewn in, it makes sliding the boot over the neoprene booties a little difficult. Had to do a little carving on it to make them slip on easier. I would look for something else next time. The Cabela's Dry-lite waders fit her pretty good, though.

keith
KRoberts1

Return to General Fly Fishing