REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

Postby stanbery » December 9th, 2009, 1:49 am

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2009-05-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours,
Alex
P.S. Remember this motto ... An armed society makes for a more civil society!
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

Postby WanderingBlues » December 9th, 2009, 6:38 am

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » December 9th, 2009, 7:42 am

Jon,
Are you harassing muggers again? You know they are an important part of today’s society. Without them there would be no reason to have to carry a gun! :funnyup:

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby RichardCullip » December 9th, 2009, 8:20 am

Sweet!
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby rkfiske » December 9th, 2009, 8:52 am

Strangely enough I find myself wishing this story was true
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Eric » December 9th, 2009, 8:59 am

Thanks Jon!!!! that was a good one :funnyup:
Eric
Eric

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » December 9th, 2009, 9:11 am

It could happen in Palmdale :gun: :gun: :rockon:
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby midger » December 9th, 2009, 4:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby anacrime » December 9th, 2009, 6:49 pm

This is why we should all carried concealed weapons at all times wherever we go. Who knows when you'll have to shoot someone in the face over a jacket.
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby castaway » December 9th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Someone should tell the "thugs" that they really dont need to shoot the people they want to rob.

If I worked at a 7-11 - and someone came in to rob me... I would say "Look, they pay me 9 dollars an hour... take whatever the * you want, I really dont give a crap, I will even close my eyes - I have no idea what you look like"

Same with my car, my jacket, my shoes... I really dont give a crap... just take the crap and get on down the road.. just let me live to fish again!

This is why I could never be a cop (I have the highest level of respect for those who do!) - I am not risking my life for some punk jumping fences... I am always going home after a day of work. Thank god there are people out there who risk it all.... its just not me.

I have lost friends to war, as well as street warfare here at home (cops)... I just cant risk it.
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby BradW » December 9th, 2009, 8:31 pm

HeHeHe..... :D
BradW

Postby Hatch71 » December 10th, 2009, 10:58 am

Dude that was awsome!!! Being a 1911 Kimber man myself what type of 1911 was my next question!!!! Has anyone seen this. William Shatner had it best watch this link....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI&feature=player_embedded
Hatch71

Postby Benny » December 10th, 2009, 11:22 am

Quite an amusing story :roll:
Benny

Postby FlyinFish » December 11th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Rockstar Fisherman wrote:It could happen in Palmdale :gun: :gun: :rockon:

Dude, let's be honest... there are no Burberry coats in Palmdale...

* hath no fury like a woman scorned and ain't no scorned woman that hath the fury of a fishermen when his gear has been stolen!
FlyinFish

Postby duckdog » December 12th, 2009, 9:33 am

that was a hoot . there is nothing like haveing a gun pointed at your head to make you re-think your priorities. the hole at the end of that barrel is ENORMOUS when it's 12 inches from your head. i worked the graveyard shift at a gas station in n.y. as a yoot , you can look at a hand gun that you are holding and the hole at the end of the barrel doesn't look all that big. when the guy holding the gun is not you and it's some bug eyed , malnurished,sweaty scank, that hole looks like you could fit a boat full of somali pirate's in it .--- sorry-- side trip down memory lane, i apologize for the hijacking.--- mike.
duckdog

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing