REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Thank You

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Thank You

Postby castaway » November 26th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Oh man... those are sweet pictures. For some reason I thought the Winston would be ultra-fast, board like.. but I can tell from your pictures that it is a rod that will give you feed back.. look at that flex!

Those pictures (change the background) could be a Winston ad! I really love the pictures when you can see the flyline in the air.. its hard with a high blue sky.. but your camera will do it I am sure.

Nice work!

Let me guess? David hooked a trout? Fishing in the streets - reminds me of a game we played as a kid - take your spinning rod with 25 -30 pound test... tie a purse on the end of it and put it in the street - when the cars stop to pick it up... you set the hook... awww good times.

I also love that David looks like hes ready for the river (are those wadding boots?)... even at thanksgiving dinner... now thast an addict!

When I was married.. my wife used to say to me... Are you going to buy clothes for something other then fishing? I would respond, Why?

She would answer "To look nice".

I would mumble... "why would I do that... Im married" :rockon: Im no longer married :D
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » November 27th, 2009, 2:06 am

Glad you love the rod Craig, you deserve it!! And as for fishing in the street, if you'd wait till Arvin floods you might have some good carp action out near the golf course ;) ;) ;)

Now shut up and go fish with that rod!!!!!!!!!

Mike
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby DubL HauL » November 27th, 2009, 3:29 am

Craig I am thankful you have the rod you deserve it. The FFA family is awesome and Stanberry is an exceptional guy, thanks Jon. I hope I get to see it some day on the river.

Castaway I feel your pain man, been there.

Andy
DubL HauL

Postby stanbery » November 27th, 2009, 4:36 am

Craig

Glad you like the rod.

More then happy to make it for you. Enjoy it as much as you can.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby darrin terry » November 27th, 2009, 8:10 am

You are quite welcome, Craig. I am glad to see the rod is finally in your hands. I will be looking forward the the first fishing report (of many). Glad your Thanksgiving went well, and Dave's too. :D :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Pete » November 27th, 2009, 9:38 am

As they say: You reap what you sow. With all the work you do keeping this forum and being an all around nice guy, you deserve the rod and flies. It isn't too hard to do things for good people.

You reap what you sow...... maybe that is why some of us only get grief :doh: :bananadance:

Enjoy,

Pete
Pete

Postby beachbum » November 27th, 2009, 10:39 am

Pretty cool, Craig! Jon makes a heck of a rod. Hope you have many great days with it, and we get to see some pics of the results!

Bill
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby flybob » November 27th, 2009, 11:02 am

Craig, Here's to your new family member..... :rockon: CHEERS!

Now go out and fish it well....

Many thanks are due all around, but especially to you and all that you have done for us.
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby RichardCullip » November 27th, 2009, 11:36 am

You're welcome, Craig. Enjoy the gift from all of us! Fish it hard and show us what you catch.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Gary C. » November 27th, 2009, 12:48 pm

You're welcome, I hope that turns out to be your "lucky rod" and produces well for you.
Gary C.
Gary C.

Postby Papasequoia » November 27th, 2009, 4:37 pm

As I'm sure everyone else is, I'm happy to have been able to contribute to this thank you gift, and what a great day to receive it on! Looking forward to the first fishing report. :) Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby ColoradoXJ » November 29th, 2009, 9:21 am

That is absolutely awesome Craig. Glad the rod held up to your expectations! Looks like I'm gonna have to start saving to have Jon build me a gem like that. That thing has some major flex!

:rockon:
-Aaron
As long as there are fish to fool, THIS FOOL WILL FISH!
ColoradoXJ

Postby Justin » November 29th, 2009, 10:20 am

What a great idea Jon had! I was happy to be able to help out. I can't wait to see the reports of the new rod. Looks like a nice street casting session Craig! Much deserved Craig. Thanks for making a pleasant place for all us addicts to reside!! :rockon:

Justin
Justin

Postby Jim T » November 30th, 2009, 11:22 am

Craig,

Great "casting" report and wonderful photos. Can't wait to read your first fishing report with that rod. I can't believe the amount of bend in that thing. It's just like in all the casting videos I watch, except I never see that much bend on the end of my rod.

Thanks for all your hard work and enjoy the rod.

Jim
Jim T

Postby rayfound » November 30th, 2009, 11:50 am

Don't thank us until the rod has fish slime on it. Until then, its just a stick.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing