REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

cant go wrong with this

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

cant go wrong with this

Postby castaway » October 22nd, 2009, 5:10 pm

Glass?

probably crap glass .... but for this price, I couldnt resist. 3 left

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0390925814
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Re: cant go wrong with this

Postby Pete » October 22nd, 2009, 5:39 pm

You can't even buy the components to build one for that price :o . They must have a sweat shop make them and get about $.5 profit. How do they do that? Maybe prison labor.
Pete

Postby dna » October 22nd, 2009, 9:44 pm

i wonder how that casts...may not be able to resist that :doh:
dna

Postby beachbum » October 23rd, 2009, 10:34 am

I looked at the picture, and thought that looks just like the 7' 6" Eagle Claw rod I had in the 70's. Then I read on, and found out it was! It was a decent little glass rod, that I eventually gave to one of my daughters, who still has it. That's a good buy. It's not one of the high end rods, but it fished well, and caught a LOT of brook trout in the high creeks of Colorado, above Steamboat Springs.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby briansII » October 23rd, 2009, 11:32 am

beachbum wrote:I looked at the picture, and thought that looks just like the 7' 6" Eagle Claw rod I had in the 70's. Then I read on, and found out it was! It was a decent little glass rod, that I eventually gave to one of my daughters, who still has it. That's a good buy. It's not one of the high end rods, but it fished well, and caught a LOT of brook trout in the high creeks of Colorado, above Steamboat Springs.

That seems to follow what i've read about these rods last year. I was thinking of buying one, but I guess I got distracted, and never did. That's a darn good price......about the same price as my daughter's Barbie combo. :)

briansII
briansII

Postby castaway » October 23rd, 2009, 11:45 am

The rod that I originally posted isnt one of the eagle claws... Im not really sure what it is.

here is a 2010 model eagle claw glass

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-EAGLE-CLAW-70- ... 5ad4311fc2

they upgraded the reel seat from previous years. Also, a good price - but rated for a 5wt line where the one I got "says" 3/4wt... We will see. Maybe this rod is built off one of the OLD eagle claw blanks from the 70's?

eagle claw - 2 piece, yellow wraps, different reel seat. I dont think the eagle claw lightweights came in 7'6" - only 6'6 and 7'0.
2010: Fishing days 19

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything. ~Fight Club
castaway

Postby beachbum » October 23rd, 2009, 2:03 pm

Hmmm...ok, maybe I had a 7 ft rod. Whatever it was, it was fun to use back then. I will ask my daughter to look at it for me. It's still a great deal! It would be good a kids rod too. Glass rods really takes a beating.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby webrx » October 24th, 2009, 5:41 am

I picked up the eagle claw featherlight at Walmart for less then $20, I bought it for my son, who is just starting out, and it casts ok, especially if you overweight it +1. not a bad rod for the money, I put this, and a $15 SA reel together and he fishes with it and does ok. Nothing to brag about, but it is a fun little rod to play with.

d
webrx

Return to General Fly Fishing