REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Help with Fly Line?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Help with Fly Line?

Postby flybob » August 21st, 2008, 1:09 pm

Anybody have any experience with Sage Quiet Double Taper II? 1wt, do they make smaller?

And what makes it "Quiet"

Thanks,
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Re: Help with Fly Line?

Postby darrin terry » August 21st, 2008, 2:09 pm

By the way, people, SierraTradingPost still has it in 0 and 00 for $20. In case anyone still wants some.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby anacrime » August 21st, 2008, 2:27 pm

Darrin Terry wrote:By the way, people, SierraTradingPost still has it in 0 and 00 for $20. In case anyone still wants some.

Thanks for specifying that you were in fact talking to people :lol:
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby RubiKinda » August 21st, 2008, 5:35 pm

I sold my 1 wt. superfine and had a new spool of it as a backup, but the guy who bought the rod low-balled me and I didn't give it to him out of spite. If you want it it's yours as I will never have a use for it and plan on going to the 00 wt. Yeah, I jumped on the bandwagon and will lose 1 Orvis for my 2nd Sage.
RubiKinda

Postby flybob » August 21st, 2008, 8:31 pm

DrCreek wrote:Didn't we discuss this up at ETC while smoking cigars and drinking martinis? Maybe that was the problem... I was drinking milk and you were drinking the martinis. Man ! Your friends... always forgetting, always dismissing, blah, blah, blah... ;)

I'm Sorry, the Master Speaks and the students are off in LA LA land!
Whatcha gonna do with these kids today!

Dude, the sky the smoke the martinis the company, ETC, I was in heaven, what did you expect!

Ok, Got it, Thanks all!

STP = 20 sawbucks!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to General Fly Fishing