REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

It's over...It's just beginning!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

It's over...It's just beginning!

Postby McFlyfi » May 21st, 2023, 10:42 pm

In 1979, I pawned my soul to "The Man" with my first job. There have been many "The Man's" in the succeeding 44 years, the last 26+ being the same "The Man". Our local school district hired me on March 7, 1997, and on May 17, 2023, I cashed my pawn ticket and got my soul back.

My retirement effective 5/18/23, and the beginning of my new life. I expect to be very busy. My house needs work (clean out the garage!), guitars need playing (1974 Fender Telecaster Deluxe, 2010 re issue of a 1972 Telecaster Thinline, and a 2014 Gretsch g5420t), and fish that need catching!

First order of business was bringing Reese home from her first year of college this past weekend. Then said garage clean out (if you need a sleeping bag, tent, or pack, let me know!). Hard work after that.

Then its fishing! Have a trip to No Cal (Eagle Lake area) for 12 days planned in early June. After that it's so open to fishing ANYWHERE! So much snow might put moving water explorations off until August, but that's just reality. Vancouver Island in late Sept for whatever is available, Winnemucca in Oct for the annular eclipse, Texas in April for the total eclipse. Anything else? WHATEVER else!

If anybody needs a partner/backup (Gary? Bernard? Anybody?) Is should be available :bananadance:
McFlyfi

Re: It's over...It's just beginning!

Postby Gary C. » May 22nd, 2023, 9:05 am

I just wrote big congratulations on your retirement but now I don't see it. In any case I'm super happy for you. I can't wait until that day comes for me. I'm already looking forward to your trip reports.

Congrats again!! :bananadance:
Gary C.

Postby lucfish » May 22nd, 2023, 6:09 pm

Congratulations, retirement is a good life. :P
lucfish

Postby rayfound » May 22nd, 2023, 8:05 pm

Sure sounds nice.

Congrats.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby RichardCullip » May 23rd, 2023, 7:01 am

Congrats on your retirement. I've been enjoying mine for the past 11 years.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby 1mocast » May 27th, 2023, 1:05 pm

Congratulations! It sounds like you have made some fun plans. Enjoy your new life chapter.

The wife and I are making the same arrangements on our new chapter too. Enjoy your new adventures and keep us posted.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Papasequoia » May 28th, 2023, 1:51 pm

Congrats! I said goodbye to "The Man" just under a year ago and I have to say, this past year has been one of the busiest I have ever had and it has had almost no fishing. That said, I'm hoping to fix that in the upcoming year. Let me know where when and what you are planning for Vancouver Island as that is now nearby and I could join you.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Justin » May 29th, 2023, 6:29 pm

Congratulations sounds like you have some great things ahead of you. I’m always up for fishing, let me know if your around the so cal area or want to head to Utah (I’ve been hitting Utah since the pandemic to avoid the crowds) in the future. Best of luck on your future endeavors.
Justin
Justin

Postby Wildman » June 2nd, 2023, 6:07 am

Good for you. One thing I learned, I can't believe how full my days are without having to go to work. There isn't enough time in the day. Don't put off seeing those things you dream about
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Rob909 » July 8th, 2023, 5:55 pm

Congratulations Matt. I'm happy for you.

Rob
Rob909

Return to General Fly Fishing