REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

It's over...It's just beginning

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

It's over...It's just beginning

Postby McFlyfi » May 21st, 2023, 10:38 pm

In 1979, I pawned my soul to "The Man" with my first job. There have been many "The Man's" in the succeeding 44 years, the last 26+ being the same "The Man". Our local school district hired me on March 7, 1997, and on May 17, 2023, I cashed my pawn ticket and got my soul back.

My retirement effective 5/18/23, and the beginning of my new life. I expect to be very busy. My house needs work (clean out the garage!), guitars need playing (1974 Fender Telecaster Deluxe, 2010 re issue of a 1972 Telecaster Thinline, and a 2014 Gretsch g5420t), and fish that need catching!

First order of business was bringing Reese home from her first year of college this past weekend. Then said garage clean out (if you need a sleeping bag, tent, or pack, let me know!). Hard work after that.

Then its fishing! Have a trip to No Cal (Eagle Lake area) for 12 days planned in early June. After that it's so open to fishing ANYWHERE! So much snow might put moving water explorations off until August, but that's just reality. Vancouver Island in late Sept for whatever is available, Winnemucca in Oct for the annular eclipse, Texas in April for the total eclipse. Anything else? WHATEVER else!
McFlyfi

Re: It's over...It's just beginning

Postby Ants » May 27th, 2023, 7:22 pm

Retirement is grand. I nave been enjoying retirement for 19 years. The delight is the time perspective - the time is yours to do as you please.

Here’s wishing you good cheer and good health so the time is fruitful and satisfying.

Cheers,
Ants
Ants

Return to General Fly Fishing