REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

See You On The Other Side.....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

See You On The Other Side.....

Postby Wildman » October 17th, 2020, 6:46 am

I've been busy this past year for many reasons and haven't fished much. I've lived through your posts and adventures. The few times I did get out were special.

I've sold our first cabin in Wrightwood to a wonderful family that bought it the first 15 minutes it was on MLS. Quail Ridge is still on the market but I have closed on my new home in Idaho....that I discovered comes with an irrigation ditch that is populated with Rainbows from the source water, the Big Wood River during irrigation season. It's where the two yappy dogs and seven horses and I will spend out days going forward. Working 16 hour days sorting through fifty years of accumulating and trying to figure what goes and what gets given away. I am amazed at the warm and honest welcome I have received from my new neighbors and those who are helping me with the construction projects.

I will keep my current Cphone number and will also have a 208 area code number when I get my IPHONE 12 Pro this. week (has two sim cards and both will ring). With two 14 hour trips and loading and unloading...coordinating putting in over 2,000 feet of fence...building two paddocks with shelters and frost free water and finding a source for quality hay for the horses will be my priority before the hard freezes come.

Looking forward to what comes and will never forget what we had here in this little mountain village for the past 52 years. I will share when I do get settled and when I fish the first time (I caught fish in January when I was there on the final scouting trip).

I am minutes from the Big Wood and a host of creeks and ten minutes from Silver Creek Preserve. I'll see you on the other side.

Jim

Perhaps the most wonderful bonus is the irrigation ditch that runs during irrigation season and can have some nice Rainbow Trout swimming by my pasture...Wow!.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: See You On The Other Side.....

Postby Jimbo Roberts » October 17th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Sounds great to me and me thinking about heading to California, under protest now.
I'd much rather heading into the Rocky Mountains at this stage in my life !!!
Is this world topsy-turvy or what ?!?!?.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby Dry Fly Rie » October 17th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Wow, Jim. What a gorgeous-looking place. I'm glad you've found a great spot to put down roots. I'm looking forward to your fishing adventures in your new home.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby Justin » October 17th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Congratulations Jim that is an amazing piece of heaven you have there. I wish you many years of wonderful times! It sure looks beautiful up there! Hopefully we can come visit one day! Cheers to you and what lies ahead!!

Justin
Justin

Postby Bernard » October 18th, 2020, 2:09 pm

SWEET!
Bernard

Postby Ants » October 18th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Here's wishing the best with all the changes. Changes are exciting, but sometimes just plain work.

Comparing your new place to Papasequoia's place, both places look like they could host a volcano party under the proper circumstances.

Just wondering, how much work is it to transport the livestock?

Even though the distances seem to be far, the world of friends cover a broad sweep.

Enjoy!!

Ants
Ants

Postby Gary C. » October 18th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Looks awesome Jim!!
Also looks like there is enough room for a few grandkids to come for a visit. You are going to have such a great time transforming it all into your perfect place.
Gary C.

Postby Wildman » October 18th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Ants wrote:Here's wishing the best with all the changes. Changes are exciting, but sometimes just plain work.

Comparing your new place to Papasequoia's place, both places look like they could host a volcano party under the proper circumstances.

Just wondering, how much work is it to transport the livestock?

Even though the distances seem to be far, the world of friends cover a broad sweep.

Enjoy!!

Ants

Ants...Transporting seven horses takes lots of preparation... three people and making sure the horses stay hydrated on the 14 hour drive. Before that, the perimeter fence has to be finished...pens put in...water line below freezing level and electricity run out the to pens and shelters. This year no barn but the horses wouldn't know what to do with a barn. Working on securing my hay for winter...most who live out there have already lined out their Winter Supply. I move the house first and then the horses when I close up this place. Definitely located near some good water and lots of it. Looking forward to the next chapter.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby DrCreek » October 19th, 2020, 11:03 am

Capt.. nothing but emotions right now. Looks beautiful. Looks alot like what I imagined you'd find. Perfect.
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby huntingtheriverking » October 20th, 2020, 8:58 am

Wow, congratulations, I hope the transition is pleasant and rewarding. Fantastic piece of property!
huntingtheriverking

Postby clee » October 20th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Wow!!! Congrats Jim. I'm really stoked for you. Enjoy your time there, I'm sure you will.

Can I come over?
clee

Postby dray » October 21st, 2020, 9:02 am

Wow, beautiful property, congrats.
dray

Postby huntingtheriverking » October 21st, 2020, 9:06 am

Out of curiosity, how does someone go about finding such lovely property? Traditional zillow/redfin/local realtor?

I've looked on https://hallhall.com for fun, seems a bit steep :)
huntingtheriverking

Postby Wildman » October 22nd, 2020, 6:23 am

huntingtheriverking wrote:Out of curiosity, how does someone go about finding such lovely property? Traditional zillow/redfin/local realtor?

I've looked on https://hallhall.com for fun, seems a bit steep :)

i didn't pay asking as I had seen the property the year before and made an offer she accepted that was more in line with what it was a year ago. I would suggest call an agent in a geographic area you are interested in. This place is probably too big for just me but I also have seven horses that come into consideration. Having trout seasonally in my ditch is a huge bonus I had no idea about. My agent is based in Sun Valley but has ties to Montana and Wyoming and sister offices in those states he can refer you too. Zillow, Realtor.com etc all have search engines. Like Warren Miller used to say, "If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older". Jimn
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby lucfish » October 22nd, 2020, 9:05 am

Best of luck Jim.
lucfish

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing