REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hey trout

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Hey trout

Postby anacrime » August 6th, 2008, 10:38 am

Watch your freakin back

"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Re: Hey trout

Postby Justin » August 6th, 2008, 11:00 am

Nice Rod!!!
I'm still trying to swindle a 00 wt

:lol:

Justin
Justin

Postby anacrime » August 6th, 2008, 12:52 pm

DrCreek wrote:I'm so proud of you Shane, I could just cry.

Care to bum a sweet Galvan Standard 2.5 reel loaded with DT1F line for the thing's inaugural run? :D

Do you have an extra? I've got an extra spool from my BBSII that I was going to spool up with that 0 line on the way up. That Galvan is pretty sick though I've been keeping my eye on ebay. Would love to feel it out though Doc. Thanks 8-)
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby flybob » August 6th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Hey Shane, SWEET, or is that SICK, or DOPE or, "Sherman set the "WayBack Machine..." GROOVY! :ugeek:

Big Congratulations dude, can't wait to see it in action!

Mine comes in tomorrow, YEEEOWWWW!

"Life is good"

fb
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby anacrime » August 6th, 2008, 5:48 pm

DrCreek wrote:
anacrime wrote:
DrCreek wrote:I'm so proud of you Shane, I could just cry.

Care to bum a sweet Galvan Standard 2.5 reel loaded with DT1F line for the thing's inaugural run? :D

Do you have an extra? I've got an extra spool from my BBSII that I was going to spool up with that 0 line on the way up. That Galvan is pretty sick though I've been keeping my eye on ebay. Would love to feel it out though Doc. Thanks 8-)

I'll bring an extra reel for you. Bring your BBS and spool it up. A BBSII is a little large for a 0, but so what. If it feels too asss-heavy, just grab one of the Galvans. Hope you are okay with a traditional retreive reel... I'm also bringing an Orvis CFO1D that you'll go crazy over. Just finished tying up some size 8 golden stimmies. They're freakin' huge. Ive never tied anything that big before. I figure just before the sun sets, the big browns will be coming out of hiding... and they'll be hungry. We just have to pick out which pool we want to shadow until the right moment. Are you jacked yet?

PS... I'll bring the medium sized cooler. Found one I didnt know we had up in the rafters. It will be perfect. Dont bring yours unless you have to.
Dude the BBSII is actually lighter than the 2.5. 3.5oz vs. 3.8oz. The Galvan has a smaller spool by .25" though. Was kinda surprised when I looked that up.

I'll have to get used to that funny retrieve deal you got going on.

Big flies on light rods sounds good to me 8-)

ETC!
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby anacrime » August 6th, 2008, 5:49 pm

flybob wrote:Hey Shane, SWEET, or is that SICK, or DOPE or, "Sherman set the "WayBack Machine..." GROOVY! :ugeek:

Big Congratulations dude, can't wait to see it in action!

Mine comes in tomorrow, YEEEOWWWW!

"Life is good"

fb
Just stick with groovy, old timer 8-)

Look forward to flingin 0's with you bobby
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby flybob » August 6th, 2008, 6:15 pm

anacrime wrote:
flybob wrote:
Just stick with groovy, old timer 8-)

Look forward to flingin 0's with you bobby

Hey man, I have not been called Bobby since I was....well younger that YOU!

That's OK, I will let slide, This time.......

Hey, BTW, I too will be using my BBSII, I almost bought a CFO II today!!!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby gabe » August 6th, 2008, 6:49 pm

lame...
UL are for losers! ha! jk bro
WTG... looking forward to seeing what it brings.
gabe

Postby fflutterffly » August 7th, 2008, 3:18 am

In 1745 Thomas Grey said 'ignorance is bliss', however, his knowledge of any ought weight rod is sure not confined to fly fishing. You boys are both nuts and rich if you have so many of those fancy little sticks around. Go enjoy and I'll just have to live vicariously while I cast out my 2wt. TFO. ( and than to add a #8 to the mix...whooooooooo)
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby anacrime » August 7th, 2008, 9:02 am

DrCreek wrote:Dude the BBSII is actually lighter than the 2.5. 3.5oz vs. 3.8oz. The Galvan has a smaller spool by .25" though. Was kinda surprised when I looked that up.

The Galvan "felt" like a better marriage when mounted on the 0wt. It wasn't a true "which one weighs less" issue, it was a "get the best-feeling, smallest reel possible" issue. The Galvan was the obvious choice for me. I add or eliminate backing to obtain that "optimum balance" feel.

PS... Im really impressed with that little BBSI. Its tiny, looks good, has a good drag (for those that feel they need one), and costs near nothing for the amount of quality it possesses.
Dude I would rock the galvan over the BBS in a heartbeat. That thing is a sweet reel. It even sounds a heck of a lot nicer.
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby anacrime » August 7th, 2008, 9:48 am

fflutterffly wrote:In 1745 Thomas Grey said 'ignorance is bliss', however, his knowledge of any ought weight rod is sure not confined to fly fishing. You boys are both nuts and rich if you have so many of those fancy little sticks around. Go enjoy and I'll just have to live vicariously while I cast out my 2wt. TFO. ( and than to add a #8 to the mix...whooooooooo)

I only have one and I've been searching for the right price for like a year now. Finally scored one brand new on eBay for a STEAL compared to what others would pay. I am no rich kid, I work hard for what I got! I like my TFO 2wt as well
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Justin » August 13th, 2008, 11:10 am

Hey Shane,
which reel did you get or are gonna get?
I just scored a 00wt on e-bay for $300 :o
used 3 times!!
I still need to get a reel and I was going over this thread
and wondering what you were looking into.
the reels I have been looking at are
Light speed 1
Glavan standard 2.5
Ross evlo. 0
Sage 3100
konic

Have you fished any of these?

Justin
Justin

Postby anacrime » August 13th, 2008, 11:19 am

Justin wrote:Hey Shane,
which reel did you get or are gonna get?
I just scored a 00wt on e-bay for $300 :o
used 3 times!!
I still need to get a reel and I was going over this thread
and wondering what you were looking into.
the reels I have been looking at are
Light speed 1
Glavan standard 2.5
Ross evlo. 0
Sage 3100
konic

Have you fished any of these?

Justin

Fished the Doc's 2.5 all weekend. Amazing reel. That guy you got the 00wt from is selling a Ross Evo 0 as well, with line. You might want to pick that up. Thing looks pretty sweet too. The Sage 3100 is awesome as well. I'm just using one of my BBS reels for now. I haven't decided what to get yet.
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Justin » August 13th, 2008, 11:49 am

Yea I looked at the ross and even bid but i don't have the cash to keep bidding on it :o
Whats a BBS?
I heard Orvis made a nice small reel for like $90
You heard anything about them?

Justin
Justin

Postby anacrime » August 13th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Justin wrote:Yea I looked at the ross and even bid but i don't have the cash to keep bidding on it :o
Whats a BBS?
I heard Orvis made a nice small reel for like $90
You heard anything about them?

Justin

BBS is Orvis Battenkill Barstock. The BBS1 is $90 and quite nice
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing